Forum

Integral rnd Montecarlo
leekstep wrote
at 11:44 PM, Saturday June 30, 2007 EDT
Ryan,

Most players have been pissed off lately by PGAs, secret ones that arent coordinated by actions on the board or in the chat box.

There was a group of people who seemed to be doing this the most, whom i call the cabal.

According to integral and montecarlo, The cabal is: cabal: rnd, riser, wishbone, dasfury, montecarlos, vermont, integral, bcmatteagles, x luck x, xcrobin

During my investigation, I met many people interested in taking down the cabal. The cabal would base their gameplay on instant messages. (the game to most people is about working the board and the chat box, deciding the game over a group of people on instant messenger is not part of the game). We even formed an informal team to take down the cabal.

Last month, our team decided that the best anti-PGA, and anti-cabal effort...
...would be helping X LUCK X beat rnd. Rnd had become cocky and everyone in kDice knew he was fixing games with people on IM. They would domfuck and manufacture finishes and make the game unnatural, elongated, and boring.

Our team succeeded in getting X LUCK X first, and I think we sort of taught rnd a lesson.

But then Luck had an elo that was undeserved and too high, and the cabal needed to PGA even more to compete with him. And so it went, IMs and PGAs intensifying (instead of teaching a lesson against PGAs, it only caused more).

This month i was able to infiltrate the cabal by chatting with them, and they started being nice to me. Eventually i was accepted by them and invited to join them in their cheating.

Mikeypoo has also wanted to take down the cabal, and I invited him to witness the cheating of the cabal.

I have attached the log for the first flagfest...
I beleive this is when Integral took first elo (see related news event).

There was a second flagfest (when Integral took first overall there is also a news avent).

Just by reading the public news events, everyone was able to see that Integral was winning his games in the first round or two.

Anyone who bothered to check the news can see that the game is ruled by a farce. A cheater broke the game to win it!

Please note that I'm hoping for immunity for me and Mikeypoo, because our only goal was to take these cheaters down. That's why we were involved, to spy on them.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 31 - 40 of 228 Next › Last »
Vermont wrote
at 12:28 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
rnd, you are just pissy because I always point out how badly you cheated to get first that month. ;)
Cleopatra wrote
at 1:18 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
Couple thoughts concernig this discussion.

THERE IS a difference between

- having friends, social relationships etc and

- two or more people INTENTIONALLY sitting at the same table with the purpose of winning over the others.

And THERE IS a difference between the second point and setting up fake games.

So let's keep this in mind, finish mutual accusations and enjoy both the game and building healthy friendships, in which friends are not afraid to fight each other in a fair-play style - it's just a game ;)
evilsamurai wrote
at 3:45 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
If the video displays the actual playing of these guys - i think they're sluts. Male sluts, female sluts - who cares; sluts. They got their points, i'm not bitching. I just think they're sluts. Let them slut away at the 2000 tables and pretend it's "social interaction". If Kdice is cool with that - great. I still think they're sluts. I'm sure the sluts don't care, fine. You're still a slut.
John the Fisherm wrote
at 4:46 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
I totally agree with Cleo! Like in every discussion, definitions are difficult and - like everyone has his own conceivabilities - kind of unrealizable. Its like the discussion what flags mean or the truce-thing from the good old days. But as Cleo said, in my opinion there is definitely a big difference to have friendships/OTFs/PGAs (however u call it) and celebrate "flagfests" like in this funny youtube-video. Its kind of childish cheating. Of course there isnt a rule about not flagfesting, but if everyone would act like this, the rankings wouldnt make sense any more. Imao its the same like cheating in WOW or any other Battlenet-thing.
It was quite obviously that there was a lot of lame trickery going in the TOP5 during the last months, but thanks to Sherlock Leekstep now we have something to laugh at.
jochn wrote
at 10:45 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
Evilsamurai, you are great. Right on target.
For me, I always play the lower tables because you can just play the game there and you don't have rating-freaks. But for me also, let them find eachother on the 2k-tables. I hope everyone has a good time. Me, the sluts and others. Lol.
skrumgaer wrote
at 11:01 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
X Luck X: "Relax, and take a breather. It's a game. Treat it like one, not a life-threatening conspiracy."

Luck, it's more serious than you think. "Conspiracies" (or cabals, or guilds, or whatever you want to call them) can be life-threatening.

Go visit the on-line gamers anonymous (OLGA) website. There you will find stories by gamers and relatives of gamers about lives and marriages being ruined by excessive game playing. They talk mostly about games like World of Warcraft which are role-playing games. But it is not the role-playing in which the peril lies. It is the guilds. Players get so involved in the affairs of their guilds (conduct a raid, kill a dragon) that their real lives get destroyed.

Introducing guilds, cabals, whatever to kdice will put a moral burden on Ryan on account of producing a game that is not a source of a lot of fun for a lot of people but can really mess some people up.

So treat teams like a life-threatening conspiracy.
montecarlo wrote
at 11:21 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
my wife just left me, skrum.
she hired a private investigator to see where all my time was going. his name was leekstep.
i think suicide is my only way out.

integral, please make me a turkey and mustard sandwich as my last meal. it better not be dry.
tsjombe wrote
at 11:38 AM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
I agree with cleo on this

I'm friendly to most of the players and i like some players more than others, but still i play the game, without pga'ing or others, and hell, it's fun. Why ruining the gameplay with this kind of childish pacts, in order to get the most points ?
super strut wrote
at 12:25 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
there are no "childish pacts"... not with me.

I told you, that they aren´t planned! They just happen. It´s perhaps another gamestyle.

But you see - I enjoy this game much more, when I can cooperate with other players, seeing that our moves are coming toghether like gear-wheels in a machine.
I´m not this kind of ridiculous player, who enjoy to throw out other players early. And I´m happy not seeing them anymore up here on 2k-tables!

But I enjoy a game finishing 3rd or 4th in a good alliance more then winning it alone. Really. And you all played often enough with me, to admit, that I always try to be a fair player, although I´m playing in my OTF-system. I hope! Often enough I give away a save 1st place, only to be not to rude. And not only against my OTF!
integral wrote
at 1:46 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
There needs to be a turkey and mustard sandwich based flash multiplayer dice game.

Ryan, get on it.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary