Forum

PGA is Cheating
Ryan wrote
at 1:52 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
If you team up against other players without them knowing it is a very unfair way to play and is therefore cheating. If you can't play any other way its kinda sad. I really believe in the game and PGA is not part of it.

There are a bunch of guys that think it's discussion worthly whether this is a valid way to play and it's absolutely not. I've told them this but they get off on their own special aim group thinking they're the "titans of kdice" when really they have no credibility.

If players here think this is a valid way to play please post here so I can remove your account so the rest of us can play the real game.... and trophies gained from this invalid play should be removed too.

Kdice is a great game and I believe there are great players out there that don't need to resort to these cheap tricks. I will move the game towards this pure kdice style as much as i can. For now I'll just remove people who chose otherwise.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 61 - 70 of 107 Next › Last »
rnd++ wrote
at 3:25 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
all animals are created equal.
MadHat_Sam wrote
at 3:38 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
About 1k games:

It is best not to sit 1k until you are in the 2-2.5k range. You really need to accept the possibility that you might get wrecked fast and be forced to take the -360 in round 3. Hanging around longer then that with no hope of improvement is a sure way to a -500 loss and if you only have 1k losing half you stack can be a bitter pill.

If you are playing a 1k table you better read the chat box and talk to the other players, being social helps.
Vermont wrote
at 3:40 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
I got smacked first round for -750. That rocked.
montecarlo wrote
at 3:41 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
-720 verm. but you still hold the record.
leekstep wrote
at 4:44 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
Ryan-
Wow. PGA is cheating! Finally! Thank you!

I never saw anyone get top 3 without cheating from march through august.

@NotoriousPGAman
The members of the cabal are all some of the best players in kdice. It is actually very difficult to succeed in 2-man PGAs, its a lot easier to make in-game alliances.

Sure there have been literally thousands of games where there are more than 2 cabal members sitting at the table, and I guess these were a colossal waste of time and a complete betrayal of trust for the people competiting against the Cabal, but there have been many more thousands of games where the cabal have had less than 3 members at the table.

Hartless wrote
at 9:47 PM, Friday December 14, 2007 EST
IMO the biggest problem is that PGAs and the much smaller player group at the top make the experience stale. It's just more fun and exciting if you really don't know how 5 or so of the people you're playing with are going to react to your moves. At least thats what I remember from the days of 2k tables.
KingGorilla wrote
at 7:03 AM, Saturday December 15, 2007 EST
Awesomeness! finishes 2nd in round 30.
(+31 for 2nd and +20 for dominance)
Awesomeness! stands up
BatmanDan finishes 1st in round 30.
(+54 for 1st and -8 for dominance)

These 2 and 4 more were sitting on my table and discussing all the time who would be next to attack.
That makes no sense @ all to play such a table. I've made the 4th, but i had 11 before they decided to attack me.
So they had a suicide bomber. (cuty)
He attacked me with his 4 stacks and made 2 cuts, no matter what it meant to him.
And they gratulated him for cutting me.

So this game loses his sense.
KingGorilla wrote
at 7:05 AM, Saturday December 15, 2007 EST
Besides they were talking about doing a 1k game after this....with 6! players at this table!

The Both, which are not in this PGA-Circle, won't have any chance.
cifdtruckie wrote
at 7:19 AM, Saturday December 15, 2007 EST
You said that there were "2 and 4 more" PGAers at the table... you also said that they were discussing who to attack next... I'm a bit confused by that. I agree that that's not fair at all, and definitely PGA (which IS cheating), but why didn't you just flag as soon as you noticed what was going on?
jbilus wrote
at 7:51 AM, Saturday December 15, 2007 EST
PGA will kill kdice!
Sorry Ryan, but from a genial game at the beginn kdice is now just another garbage of the internet. I think ideea with anonymous player could improve the quality of game.
For a while I'll go back to the "innocent" dice game:
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html

KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary