Forum

Integral rnd Montecarlo
leekstep wrote
at 11:44 PM, Saturday June 30, 2007 EDT
Ryan,

Most players have been pissed off lately by PGAs, secret ones that arent coordinated by actions on the board or in the chat box.

There was a group of people who seemed to be doing this the most, whom i call the cabal.

According to integral and montecarlo, The cabal is: cabal: rnd, riser, wishbone, dasfury, montecarlos, vermont, integral, bcmatteagles, x luck x, xcrobin

During my investigation, I met many people interested in taking down the cabal. The cabal would base their gameplay on instant messages. (the game to most people is about working the board and the chat box, deciding the game over a group of people on instant messenger is not part of the game). We even formed an informal team to take down the cabal.

Last month, our team decided that the best anti-PGA, and anti-cabal effort...
...would be helping X LUCK X beat rnd. Rnd had become cocky and everyone in kDice knew he was fixing games with people on IM. They would domfuck and manufacture finishes and make the game unnatural, elongated, and boring.

Our team succeeded in getting X LUCK X first, and I think we sort of taught rnd a lesson.

But then Luck had an elo that was undeserved and too high, and the cabal needed to PGA even more to compete with him. And so it went, IMs and PGAs intensifying (instead of teaching a lesson against PGAs, it only caused more).

This month i was able to infiltrate the cabal by chatting with them, and they started being nice to me. Eventually i was accepted by them and invited to join them in their cheating.

Mikeypoo has also wanted to take down the cabal, and I invited him to witness the cheating of the cabal.

I have attached the log for the first flagfest...
I beleive this is when Integral took first elo (see related news event).

There was a second flagfest (when Integral took first overall there is also a news avent).

Just by reading the public news events, everyone was able to see that Integral was winning his games in the first round or two.

Anyone who bothered to check the news can see that the game is ruled by a farce. A cheater broke the game to win it!

Please note that I'm hoping for immunity for me and Mikeypoo, because our only goal was to take these cheaters down. That's why we were involved, to spy on them.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 51 - 60 of 228 Next › Last »
One more Mike wrote
at 5:52 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
Super Strut. You say as if my own words :)
One more Mike wrote
at 6:04 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
This game is not game only as someones write here. This is the model of real life. Very simple but very good model. With some bad and some good sides of our real life. Friendship is friendship. And hostility is hostility. When you "just play" you cannot forget your feelings to other players at all. To make better points is not the only aim. You are playing for pleasure but this pleasure is not only points and score. This pleasure can be help to friends and making problems to unpleasant persons.
AlmogBitton wrote
at 6:38 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
I can try to understand why the cabal members do it, but it really affects other players badly and like someone said in this thread, if you're friends then you should just be happy to play together, not win together
X LUCK X wrote
at 6:40 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
Skrum - "So treat teams like a life-threatening conspiracy."

Dude, I get that this game is your life, but uh, there are things outside this game that exist. Like people, girls, the beach, and other weird things that may be foreign and / or alien to you.

Again, you're all making a big deal out of nothing. Good job guys. Good job.
AlmogBitton wrote
at 6:44 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
Sorry but it's not your call to say it's "nothing"
WayneRooney wrote
at 8:04 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
To reply to batman, comparing cycling to kdice is incorrect, those guys who support the leader know what they are there for and the other teams know that as well. So Lance winning was the game plan for USPS/Disco every year, no one else was supposed to win.

That being said, and Int already said it. PGAs aren't going away. They won't, it'll never happen. I always said, "Hey I'll never PGA, F that I hate PGAs." Then I started making friends on the 1800 tables and next thing I knew I was on the 2k tables and when giving the option of attacking someone new, or some guy I played nightly with, who was I going to attack? New guy 10 out of 10 times. And favors were coming back to me. I never intended on pgaing and then slowly it just started happening.

If anyone plays long enough and becomes good (I think the people who say they are happy being in the 1500s forever are lying, if you could climb the ladder you would, wait until you get to 1800, you'll never want to go back) will realize some day that they pga with someone or a few others. It just happens and you can't avoid it.

I guess in my rambling I'm just trying to say that PGA will always happen. If you try to clean them all up they will return, its a good way to win. So why are we trying to fight it, embrace it. Educate yourself as to who's pga with who and make an informed decision to play or not. Don't blame everyone else for not seeing the writing on the wall.
JKD wrote
at 9:02 PM, Monday July 2, 2007 EDT
"Educate yourself as to who's pga with who and make an informed decision to play or not."

ummm, have fun with that! makes me wonder why not just make all the tables available to any ratings? it'd be simpler and more fun for everyone, like when kdice launched.
Crystallina wrote
at 12:13 AM, Tuesday July 3, 2007 EDT
It's funny how this is being blown up into World of Warcraft, a CIA operation, and World War III all in one. Some people take this way too seriously.
rnd wrote
at 12:26 AM, Tuesday July 3, 2007 EDT
if you dont all stop attacking the PGA and cabal we will convene a kdice council meeting and have you banned for life.. consider this discussion closed.
Deathcoil wrote
at 1:05 AM, Tuesday July 3, 2007 EDT
For all the people that complain about PGA's I think the problem cannot be solved simply by pointing them out.

If PGAs are to be completely rid of and the game put on an equal playing field for everyone (old or new to the game) it should be hard-wired into the programming. To truly get rid of it Ryan needs to come up with some way that no one can tell who the other players are within a game.

-If you hop in a game and you are always red (or appear that way when you play) and everyone else is just a "random" player (just a color or something, no name) then there wouldn't be the "old friend," cabal, etc. stuff going on.

The whole thing seems silly to me. If the game is truly that exploitable, why complain to the players? If anything you should complain to the devs -- do WoW'ers complain to the gold farmers or to Blizzard? think about it...lol?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary