Forum

Integral rnd Montecarlo
leekstep wrote
at 11:44 PM, Saturday June 30, 2007 EDT
Ryan,

Most players have been pissed off lately by PGAs, secret ones that arent coordinated by actions on the board or in the chat box.

There was a group of people who seemed to be doing this the most, whom i call the cabal.

According to integral and montecarlo, The cabal is: cabal: rnd, riser, wishbone, dasfury, montecarlos, vermont, integral, bcmatteagles, x luck x, xcrobin

During my investigation, I met many people interested in taking down the cabal. The cabal would base their gameplay on instant messages. (the game to most people is about working the board and the chat box, deciding the game over a group of people on instant messenger is not part of the game). We even formed an informal team to take down the cabal.

Last month, our team decided that the best anti-PGA, and anti-cabal effort...
...would be helping X LUCK X beat rnd. Rnd had become cocky and everyone in kDice knew he was fixing games with people on IM. They would domfuck and manufacture finishes and make the game unnatural, elongated, and boring.

Our team succeeded in getting X LUCK X first, and I think we sort of taught rnd a lesson.

But then Luck had an elo that was undeserved and too high, and the cabal needed to PGA even more to compete with him. And so it went, IMs and PGAs intensifying (instead of teaching a lesson against PGAs, it only caused more).

This month i was able to infiltrate the cabal by chatting with them, and they started being nice to me. Eventually i was accepted by them and invited to join them in their cheating.

Mikeypoo has also wanted to take down the cabal, and I invited him to witness the cheating of the cabal.

I have attached the log for the first flagfest...
I beleive this is when Integral took first elo (see related news event).

There was a second flagfest (when Integral took first overall there is also a news avent).

Just by reading the public news events, everyone was able to see that Integral was winning his games in the first round or two.

Anyone who bothered to check the news can see that the game is ruled by a farce. A cheater broke the game to win it!

Please note that I'm hoping for immunity for me and Mikeypoo, because our only goal was to take these cheaters down. That's why we were involved, to spy on them.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 228 Next › Last »
stopcheating wrote
at 2:46 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
I knew it. Stop Cheating! (wags finger) Where is my ruler?
RockMySocks wrote
at 3:12 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
Woah! I just searched kdice on youtube and I found this random yet relevant video! Crazy!

if that didn't work... just go to http://www.youtube.com/v/1at-xanEzXg
RockMySocks wrote
at 3:20 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
carolus MAGNUS wrote
at 6:26 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
hey guys... (and ladies!)

I am not part of this "cabal"-system. But I´m their friend... ok, from most of them.

I believe that some people feel "fooled" by their behaviour. But they didn´t made something "illegal". They handled the rules of kdice a little bit "wide". Sure. But where it is written that this isn´t allowed?

I think it´s a very cool and symphatique idea to form an "anti-cabal". That´s a cool reaction. And much better then to run to daddy (ryan) and cry:
"o m g! they fool! they cheat!"

A lot of you think that PGA is already cheating this game. No! It´s not!

I tried to explain several times that this view is only one side of the medal.
There is another side. It´s a challenge who can make more friends, better friends, who had the better strategies. And be sure: It´s lot more fun to play this game in alliances, there are a lot more possibilities for different strategies. And isn´t it the addicting part of this game to develop the best strategies?

So. If you don´t like it, form an anti-PGA. But stop whining!

But to make a PGA you need to interact with other players, find same attitude. It´s not given by god, it´s you. And me. This is human interacting. And I love this game, ´cause it´s full of human interacting.

So. I´ve got my own strategie to win this game. I don´t call it PGA, I just say OTF:
Old Trusted Friendship
It´s more then a PGA - it´s a whole network of PGA´s. But they aren´t planned. They just happen. It´s funny. I won´t explain you all efforts of this system here. It´s another story. Just try it. And you will enjoy it!
Came down from your "high horse" of this
clean, technically view of this game.

YOU can´t eliminate human nature out of this game, so try to handle and integrate it!

So - dear cabal - "Hut ab" - (hat up? will mean: all my respect) for your evil, fooly strategy. It´s very big cinema!

But same to your antagonists. Some of them I like as well - heya mikeypoo! - perhaps still more then you!
But other like this ugly cat cana I can´t smell...

But to form an anti-cabal is smart and show balls.

But perhaps we have to notice, that there was at first the anti-cabal, and THEN integral and his friends formed their new system seen in this real funny video "quick flagging" by kdicerebellion on YouTube - again (it´s so funny):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1at-xanEzXg&eurl=

cheers shamos! ;-)
carolus MAGNUS wrote
at 6:42 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
ahhh... I couldn´t change my log-in actually!

Certainly you know that I´m Super Strut aka aixo... ;-)
Bahaduras wrote
at 10:01 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
I nominate magnus/aixo/strut as the coolest guy in kdice. Because I think he has a handle on "the game" on the 2000 tables. The game up here is more about social networking and politics. The best and worst part of kdice is that it is unregulated and has few rules, much like a town in the American wild west. If it was just dice wars then people would not be passionate about keeping the community alive and making it a better place. So you have different clans and different groups of friends trying different strategies. Occasionally people cross over the line like they did with "flag fest" (see utube video). So you had people (anti-cabal) group try to do something about it. We practiced self-governance although it can be argued that we stepped over the line. Bottom line is that there are three or four groups that I know trying to make Kdice and exceptional community and fascinating “meta-game.� The game on the 2000 tables is so much more. It is a fascinating mix of international diplomacy, international community building, social networking, self governance, gang warfare, fascism, antifascism, Skils and luck. This is hte ‘ultimate part’ of the game. If you want dice wars with a few people stay on the 1500 tables. If you want to expand yourself and your game -- try new things, start making friends, work the chat learn about other countries and languages. Its an incredible game. Lets not over-regulate it and fuck it up. Now Ryan get these servers back up i need a fix!
greenoaks wrote
at 10:48 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
Playing against a PGA doesn't faze me. I already come last more than any other position
ryan5 wrote
at 11:06 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
new rule: no flags until round 10
integral wrote
at 11:07 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
Okay a real post.

I love this game, it's been a blast. Hell I've even spent money on it because I think it's a worthwhile game and needs more support. I still don't quite understand why so many of the top 25 players haven't donated.

I played the majority of my games this month without any help, in fact my climb to first elo I did on my own, you can believe that or not, I don't care. I decided to help my buddy monte early in the month as a joke (he was on vacation for a week, and I thought it'd be funny for him to come back and see he was second). So I used his account and climbed the leaderboard in the early week. Afterwards I thought it'd be funny to see if I could actually get people to throw me games, to my surprise people didn't mind, hell luck didn't even care.

If you think I didn't know something like this would happen, you're wrong. I knew what leek was doing, and honestly, I thought it was pathetic. But whatever, we all find fun in different things.

Most of the month I didn't have plans to make the top players, for in fact this reason, some people take this game too seriously. You can doubt my ability as a player, but I knew with or without pga I could get first overall, I just didn't care enough. I mean there were thoughts of making the games longer so it wouldn't look bad on the news (2 round flags), but I mean come on... I went from a score of 6 to a score of 80 in 3 days, you don't need a video and "chat logs" to know what happened. I think you all need to relax and remember how much fun this game can be without worrying about rank and your elo.

And what aixo said I totally agree with. If you can get people that are loyal to you, there must be good reason.

And hey, we were the most transparent group of people around.

You want to talk about a pga, talk about people like germans (you guys know who you are) or the spaniards or belgians, or the infamous "i owe you one" that everyone hears.

You want to talk about bad gameplay, talk about the ton of people who flag early for a 1/2 truce (let's call flags what they are, a truce with first place). It disappoints me when I see people with higher second place finishes in the top 25, and people like Kehoe and Jubi not finishing where they deserve.

The fact is, this "cabal" is way bigger than you think, including way more people than you've mentioned. This forum post is going to do nothing to stop people playing the way they play.

I'm done with this game, I've donated my money, and I've had my fun. I did it all as a joke, and you guys took it too seriously, as expected.

Ryan, thanks for this awesome game, hopefully I'll be able to get a beer with you sometime and I can tell you all about the funny soap-opera-esque inner working of the 2k tables.

I've made good friends here and hopefully it'll stay that way outside the kworld.

For now, I have the lowest elo, and hopefully no one can take that away from me.
XCBatman wrote
at 11:36 AM, Sunday July 1, 2007 EDT
Integral, I completely agree with you. I’ve had a blast playing this game, for better or for worse. The flagfest that occurred this month, wasn’t the first time that anyone thought of it either. I’m sure rnd thought of it last month when Luck dethroned him. Lance Armstrong wins the tour-de-France in a similar fashion too, and does anyone go up in arms when his teammates give him a first? He never would have won all those titles if his team didn’t want him to win. Integral won this month, as he should have. In my opinion, he is the best player in kdice, and he plays because he enjoys the game. X LUCK X is the other great player, but Integral just enjoys the game for what it is. I’ve met a lot of the top 25 playing this game, if not all. Int and Mikeypoo are the most fun to play with. They’re fair, and they treat the game like what it is, a game. I’ve had so much fun, fooling around with the game. Hell, making up people called “Jeff� and giving away accounts for fun are the reasons I enjoy this game. I had a great time with this game. Int and I would just think up ways to mix things up. It was fun. And that’s what you want from a game. Int and Mikey, you guys rock. Even Leek is a good guy too. This coming month, the game is going to be different, there’s no denying it. I hope that there’s a team kdice coming, because as much as it was drama filled, the team battles have been the most fun I’ve had with this game. When the teams return, I’m sure a lot of the top players will too.

I’m already looking forward to October.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary