Forum

Pre-game alliances
Jaits wrote
at 5:27 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
although i didnt participate in this game, i watched and i have to say this.. i aint playing a game if theres more than 1 german in it... y? cause they firstly spk in german.. secondly, they always gang up on everyone else and then remain the last players and flag and thirdly, cause they have the nerve to admit it (speaking in german which i translated) and organize their tactics in german...

this was on a 1900 table so i guess the clans per country are slowly reaching the high end games.... i suggest to whoever is reading this not to play if > 1 german is in the table unles s u wanna gurantee to loose (btw that was 3 germans against 4 other ppl from diff countries).. probabalistically, the rest simply dont stand a chance.. this is lame and destroys the spirit of the game....

the irony is that they are humiliating their country and mentality with such actions and they dont even realize it... its just sad....

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 31 Next › Last »
JDizzle787 wrote
at 7:40 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
Well, for those of us who aren't septalingualists, it does put us and others at a disadvantage. But, this kind of thing is something that is unfair, but,as someone who'se only other language is rusty spanish, I can't stop them. The ones I can, though, are more of a concern. And, as I have stated before, who knows if the people are playing with friends in real-life? I always "pre-ally" with my brother. unless he attacks me first, I won't bother him. There you go. I said it Oh my god. But, usually, we're hurling funny insults at each other, because he lives 3000 miles away from me, so just talking to him is a blessing. I don't care about the game as much, when I'm playing with him. I don't know what else to say.
MadWilly wrote
at 4:07 AM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
Jaits. you make it sound like i actually sat in that game too... but nevertheless. Personally im fine with all hidden means to optimize your position since people took shots from people sitting out on me. First time this happened on a 1900 table it ment the declaration of total war in this game. your complaint therefor is merely one attack on one other front to someone to me.
aliaiactasunt wrote
at 8:52 AM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
I've never been really interested in all the pre-ally talking because it doesn't really matter: I play with alliances, so in almost every game there's that point of time I ask for a truce. I noone truces me, I don't care for the reasons... I just loose the game and up to now this hasn't happened often. And I am still convinced that pre-allying makes no sense: it's rather a handicap then an advantage.
BUT!This new talk about it I strongly dislike, Jaits. Although those "Clans" might even exists, the topic must not be reduced to single countries or languages.
1. There are lots of German speaking ppl, so it's natural that any kind of new way to play this game is also used by german speaking ppl. You are impliciting, that only Germans would use that "new unfair way". That's nonsense.
2. You are risking to support prejudices by that.
3. Talking a different language doesn't mean a secret allying. Me and all other Germans I speak to in German just use it to easier have a funny conversation: it's just easier in your mother-tongue. Whenever it comes to the game (truces) I talk in English.
Lindsay wrote
at 9:25 AM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
Wow. Way to be prejudice. I know some Americans who have pregame alliances, should I never play with any Americans? I wonder, do the Germans think that you are hiding truces because you don't say them in Deutsch?
aliaiactasunt wrote
at 11:09 AM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
Yes, we do. That's why we made clans to fight you conspiring bastards back, lol!
Jaits wrote
at 11:23 AM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
i havent seen any other country besides germany doing this tbh... (correction: there is a spanish clan as well i ve seen in the past but not recently).. dont stick to the country but the principle.. anyhow since most ppl that have posted here are members of pre-game alliances i guess its pointless to even post here again.. whoever has a bit of logic will see for themselves what im talking about.. for the rest, i dont really care...

ps: i picked germans sicne its the first game i ve seen on 1.9k tables + their the ones i ve been seing repetetevely over and over again doing the same thing....

and to that argument that its not beneficial to have such alliances in the long run.. u wanna put ur money where ur mouth is?

lindsay: prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

my opinion is very well based on reason and actual experience.... thats not to say all the germans do it.. which is y i mentioned that i personally wont play a game if MORE than 1 german is in it... if i see other counties do this often then i will do the same for them and eventually i ll be either forced to do the same thus undermining the entire point system, or i ll just never play the game again simply cause its not what it used to be and it stops being fun when 1) the luck factor can already fuck u up but u put up with that, 2) u have to worry about pre-game alliences, 3) anyone not playing in such a way is at a considerable dissadvantage against the rest...
Yce001 wrote
at 2:05 PM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
A remark on willy about the belgians, well, i know we talk in dutch often (which is not forbidden), but we're not pre-allianced, and i will kill a belgian if i profit of it, so dont call us like we act like these germans! We just became friends thruout the games and talk to eachother, but we play the game fair and i always tell that 2 the others, and if i make a truce with a belgian, i'll even do this in english!

So dont act like we're all the same, will you!
Alpha1 wrote
at 3:31 PM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
if you are concern, feel free to form a Greek alliance. Better yet, let's have a/an American, Canadian, Mexican, French, Russian, Asian, South African, Australian alliance too!
MadWilly wrote
at 5:44 PM, Saturday January 27, 2007 EST
yce i fear you didn't get my point.
Jaits wrote
at 3:48 AM, Sunday January 28, 2007 EST
i dont need to form an alliance cause unlike the germans or u, i can actually play the game solo... obv that information is too difficult for u to garsp and would require a redefinition of ur reality for u to get it....

the point isnt to fall to ur level and play like u do in order to win (i win without having to do that), but to make u understand that u r killing the game with such behaviour.....
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary