Forum

Teams = Cheating?
thechaka wrote
at 2:40 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think that pllaying as teams is unethical. What do you think. I was playing with these two and they admitted being a team:

caseydk: sabine... chop him!
sabine: we are truced
caseydk: truce with newton?
thechaka: pregame truce?
thechaka: lame
sabine: he is my boyfriend lol

sabine and dnewton were teamed from the start

« First ‹ Previous Replies 21 - 23 of 23
funk4g wrote
at 5:15 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Yeah, that was my point above...the chatbox encourages communication and the making of alliances/truces and they are an important part of the game. But what it additionally does is make these treaties open to the entire board so that one can choose to set up counter-alliances, seek to join an existing one or strategize accordingly. The main issue I have with pre-alliances is that they are not announced nor transparent until the game is basically over...simply stated, this goes against the integrity of the game.
super strut wrote
at 9:40 AM, Saturday January 13, 2007 EST
So in my case I´m allways chatting a lot with my friends. From the first Moment when I will se them. So it´s transparent.

And we´re always open to ally with other additional players. Then it´s according to our flags in he end, who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd... or maybe also 4th.

So we´re really kind. And no aggressive players - And sometimes we lose also early in the games. But of course not so often...

So I still think it´s ok to play with friends and ally with them more or less automatically.
If it is not an aggressive pre-game-alliance with the goal to cheat other players!
super strut wrote
at 9:44 AM, Saturday January 13, 2007 EST
and of course - funk4g - you´re right!

If they don´t tell the others that they are allied and they don´t speak to each other, it´s really not fair. But see my post above...

;)
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary