Forum

Teams = Cheating?
thechaka wrote
at 2:40 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think that pllaying as teams is unethical. What do you think. I was playing with these two and they admitted being a team:

caseydk: sabine... chop him!
sabine: we are truced
caseydk: truce with newton?
thechaka: pregame truce?
thechaka: lame
sabine: he is my boyfriend lol

sabine and dnewton were teamed from the start

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 23 Next › Last »
antistatic wrote
at 10:25 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Alliances that happen during the game and are out in the open is part of the game. It is right that all players should know who is in alliance. I agree that is is unsportsmanlike to have pre-game alliances. But there will always be those who would cheat to get ahead when they are too poor of a player to rely on their own strengths.

Deal with it is not the best answer. So you are brothers; so say in the game that you are in alliance. Cheating in this way makes it so much less fun for those of us (most players) who come to play an honest game.

clark and tehyoyo = secret alliance
obscurehero wrote
at 11:25 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
because of the random nature of the game... sometimes pregame alliance really don't help you.

I wouldnt' be too concerned about it. Actually ingame alliances and non allianced players may have an advantage sometimes.
JKD wrote
at 11:37 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
You should treat a good pregame alliance as if it was one person playing with two or more accounts. Play thirty games without any friends against someone doing that and it will hurt your score and help theirs.
obscurehero wrote
at 11:41 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
not entirely. Somtimes it may be more individually advantageous to connect two territories taht you can't connect with a pregame alliance. Two different pregamed players dont' help eachotehr get reinforcements.

I see your point... but usually ingame alliances get you much further.
aixo wrote
at 1:45 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Sorry guys!

Please accept that alliances are a part of this game! Kdice is a multiplayer game with included chat-box - if you don´t make alliances- what will be the effort to dicewars??

I´m with you to say that pre-game alliances are not nice - in case that they will be aggressive players!

But you must accept, that I played a couple of games. And I found some really trustable friends during these games.
Sorry - I will remember other players, when I made good games with them. So if I see them again, I prefer to make an ally with them, and not with an other player, I don´t know...

And some of these friends are really good friends. So of course we enjoy to play together. And so long we don´t team up to throw out the other players, I think it´s ok!

There´s an upcoming society in this multiplayer-game! And if you play in the tables over 1700 or 1800, then there are less players then above. So you will know each other - like in a small village perhaps...

So I think it´s not unethical - but social!
obscurehero wrote
at 1:54 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
exactly! I will make the point that those who backstab, and undermine said social interactions work against this social community. Very frustrating to deal with.
bvh wrote
at 7:45 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Saying "deal with pre-game alliances" is easier to say if you're part of one... Think of it this way : what if one person was able to control two, three or even more players, would that be fair?
JKD wrote
at 9:02 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Also, even though in-game alliances are better, *you* lose two+ potential people to ally with and *they* can ally with *anyone* they want. "Play thirty games without any friends against someone doing that and it will hurt your score and help theirs." If they adapt they can overcome any situation you make up. Even if it means they only pregame ally for three of those thirty games so people don't catch them, they still get an unfair adavantage.
Penty wrote
at 3:18 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
If there is a pre-game alliance, they should announce it in the chat box at the begining of the game
Alpha1 wrote
at 3:26 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
no i don't like pre-game alliances at all, but what can you do? people are arguing that it's part of the strategy.

i would say we have a thread listing all the know alliances and then people can choose to play with them or not.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary