Forum

Teams = Cheating?
thechaka wrote
at 2:40 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think that pllaying as teams is unethical. What do you think. I was playing with these two and they admitted being a team:

caseydk: sabine... chop him!
sabine: we are truced
caseydk: truce with newton?
thechaka: pregame truce?
thechaka: lame
sabine: he is my boyfriend lol

sabine and dnewton were teamed from the start

Replies 1 - 10 of 23 Next › Last »
gohstlee wrote
at 2:49 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think it's mildly unethical to play as a team from the start, but also impossible to prevent.

If you don't like it, I suggest you maybe post it here (done) and never play with them again. Or, announce that they're a team to eveyone in the game, and make sure to take them out early. ;-)

I find it less worrying because they were up-front about it. If people are secretly cooperating from the start, that makes it harder. Again, can't be helped.

OTOH, there are many times during a game where 2 smaller players will quietly team up to battle a bigger guy, without ever saying anything. I don't think that's unethical, because it's not prearranged... it's just a matter of survival!
dnewton wrote
at 3:00 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
hi guys. I am the other half of the "team". I agree that pregame alliances ruin the fun of the game but this was not the case.

You may note that I did not say anything during the whole game so did not admit being in a team.

I was just happy to play along with sabine's story because i was stretched thin at the time.

Anyway i don't know who sabine is but I'm guessing she was just using some psychology.
shoekiepoekie wrote
at 3:05 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
i think in a real world are there always more than one land so why not in game it's just a matter of being smart
JDizzle787 wrote
at 4:33 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
OKay, I'll admit this now: I have pregame connects to GorillaMonsoon because he is my brother. Usually, as people may see if they have played with us, though, we don't necessarily focus on the game. That's all I'll say. I wanted it to be a secret, but I'm open about it because if anyone accuses me or him, we won't care. We're bro's. Can't change it.
JKD wrote
at 5:02 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
If you're going to play in a rated game at the same table I say it's good etiquette to not use a pre-game alliance.
DJ-Anakin wrote
at 5:44 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I see nothing wrong with alliances. They're part of the game. My brother and I always align, but that doesn't mean we team up on someone, we just don't attack eachother till the end. Course, we haven't had a game where it's just he and I at the end.

I saw deal with it. Form your own alliances.
JKD wrote
at 5:55 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
That would make the game a popularity contest, you can do that anywhere. It's very poor sportsmanship and limits fun for others.
funk3 wrote
at 6:27 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
This topic has come up before with opinions ranging from just deal with it to these users should be banned. Since these players sometimes DO play alone I am against banishment, but when you run into games of 3 or more pre-alliancers, it makes the game unbearable...I vote for a link that can be opened so that people can choose to run the risk if they see these players on a board together. Migidish, Lejoe and Crocefisso are 3 verifiable pre-alliancers if anyone's interested...
Cyron wrote
at 7:06 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think at the very least people with relationships outside of the game who are planning on alliances or truces within the game should at least tell people they're allied. Secrecy /is/ an unfair advantage
thechaka wrote
at 9:23 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Alliances happen, I can accept that, I generally avoid them, but I generally lose when others make them. I don't think people should be banned or anything, but what is the difference between pre-game alliances and someone logging into two accounts at the same time?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary