Forum

The good vibrations - "I fully support the new scoring system" thread!
fuzzycat wrote
at 4:19 PM, Sunday February 11, 2007 EST
Hi, since it is the nature of changes that the ones/fews who perceive them negative shout at loudest. The positive vibrations and people happy with this can be easily overheared.

So if you like this new system, post in this thread with "I fully support the new scoring system." or something similar at your liking/creativeness.

If you don't like the system, leave this thread alone! You can voice in the discussion threads instead as has been done before.

So I start with:
I fully support the new scoring system!
Thanks Ryan!
-fuzzycat

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 25 Next › Last »
matma92ser wrote
at 12:57 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
I like it. Better than the old system. Thanks for all your hard work Ryan.
kwizatz wrote
at 1:41 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
It's a definite improvement. Makes the game more fun and interesting.
Eiskrem-Kaiser wrote
at 5:17 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
I like it, too. However, it isn't perfect yet, it still needs some adjustments, in my opinion.
The new system aims at the right direction, but, as you can see, all the disappointed users, the new scoring system needs to be balanced better.

I really like it already. And I hope, there is more change to come.

Jrz wrote
at 6:46 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
Like it better than old, could be still better ofcourse.. Keep on good work Ryan!
JohnGalt wrote
at 10:07 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
I like it but think it would be ideal with 5 players instead of 7.
JDizzle787 wrote
at 11:13 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
No complaints. It's good. I like it for the most part, but (this isn't a complaint) the dominance can be a little weird. The game seems to be more slow paced, with gentle score risings. Love that, actually. You can't be an idiot and go to (exaggeration) twelve games at once and come out with an awesome point gain.

The domination is a double edged sword, though. that's the most dissent I will say.
z3dd wrote
at 1:19 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
it rock so hard it made my head explode!!!
fuzzycat wrote
at 1:31 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
he was once very strong where you were weak.
you got more points for place, he more for dominance. whats so bad about this again?
JDizzle787 wrote
at 1:57 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
The dominance is a bad when it comes to situations when all you are trying to do is survive. You never "survive" with 8 or 10 territories. And, so, the dominance points equal out the placement points in some cases. But, this is a positive forum, so, nice job in creating a point system that gives credit where credit is due. --Nice job, Ryan
Mynock wrote
at 10:32 AM, Wednesday February 21, 2007 EST
I like the new scoring system. It places less importance on finishing place and more on aggression. You don't have to squabble about who gets what place. If you're aggressive you'll get more points then someone who sat the whole game.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary