Forum

Perfect time for a score reset.
MadWilly wrote
at 11:44 AM, Wednesday January 10, 2007 EST
Since everybody got wrong rated games and some players still sitting on points gained in okd scoring system, I say:
Fix the bug that did this and then,
Reset the score of everyone!

« First ‹ Previous Replies 31 - 39 of 39
A_Nihilist wrote
at 7:54 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Bad idea...

I'd hate a reset, besides ryans already said he wouldn't reset it.
SandyBell wrote
at 1:04 AM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
apocalypse wrote
at 10:25 AM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
What happened to the original Ryan thread announcing the scoring change? I thought that one would *never* leave the first page, but it's gone....
SandyBell wrote
at 12:28 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
no sticky threads, sadly
gohstlee wrote
at 2:14 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
Has Ryan actually said that he won't reset scores since his announcement yesterday that he would? ;-)

I find that hard to believe.
gohstlee wrote
at 2:18 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
However, this is a one-time reset having to do with the scoring change. I don't believe a monthly reset is up for discussion.

Another thing is that I think the new scoring is going to make it difficult to achieve the same high scores that people got with the old scoring. There will be far fewer +50's... you'll have to be dominant AND finish first or second. However, getting hosed in the first 2 rounds will probably carry the same -45 penalty. Maybe it will balance out, because skillful players will tend to have a few territories no matter what the outcome, so finishing 3rd - 6th won't be as painful, when it happens. We'll see....
gohstlee wrote
at 2:50 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
Ryan, how about promoting the "I'm changing the scoring" thread back to the front page?
fuzzycat wrote
at 3:44 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
I didnt see it once, and google doesnt seem to have catched it. So if nobody has a bookmark its gone. Otherwise I would love to add this in the kdice.wiki.news section!
gohstlee wrote
at 8:07 PM, Friday February 9, 2007 EST
Well, there's another short post in the forum from Ryan, indicating that the scoring change is on for Noon Saturday, and the score reset is happening at Noon on Monday.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary