Forum

THE ULTIMATE GAME CHANGE!
air wrote
at 3:31 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
The best game change would be having the attacking die lose as many die according to the defender's rolls. This would stop running through a person's territories and other negative aspects of huge stacks early in the game. It would make people think a long time and rethink attacks besides just always attacking the smallest possible pieces. Honestly, the game would be IDEAL if this were to occur.

Replies 1 - 10 of 46 Next › Last »
Tech wrote
at 5:30 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
-No-.
Ryan wrote
at 5:55 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
I think this would make an interesting game. And more realistic to actual battles, if thats possible with dice.

So for example, a 6 attacks 4, the first four dice fight inividually, some of the defenders dice may win. You may then need a second attack of 5 vrs 1. Or something like that.

I think this is a good sandbox idea.
Tech wrote
at 6:26 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Is that what he meant? Came off different to me...
Tech wrote
at 6:32 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
So, wait, then what? 16 attacks 13 and, sure, 16 wins, but there's about 2-4 dice left. SO they have one dice on the territory they attacked from, and a few on the territory they just won? For all the people already complaining about the lack of regression, I don't see this making the game ideal...Though I may be misunderstanding again.
Tech wrote
at 6:33 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Did I say regression? I meant aggression.
air wrote
at 6:40 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
It makes people think twice about attacking and taking gambles. I've seen far too many people lose immediately without having a turn by reckless attackers. This game right now is geared towards attacking everything beneath you. (dice wise) If you lose die in attacks your attacks will be more planned out with focus on back ranks and retaliatory attacks thereafter. Making it IDEAL. :D
air wrote
at 6:45 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Ryan: If you'd like I could help you with any further ideas that go along with that. I have heard countless people complain about the overall fairness and strategy being overpowered and shadowed by sheer luck. I'm currently developing a "risk-like" game on my spare time as well. If anything let me know.
Tech wrote
at 6:55 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
In the first round? Those aren't reckless attackers, those are people trying to connect their territories. Sometimes people are unlucky enough to have all their territories in someone's way. *shrug* How it goes. Attacking weaker territories does happen to be the generally accepted method of gaining land...You remember...the object of the game? Gaining territories? The game already has plans and retaliations, I see no way this idea could make kdice into anything remotely resembling "IDEAL".
air wrote
at 7:04 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Tech, rank is based on skill. Being in someone's way is not a measure of someone's skill, just random spawns. You're statement makes no sense.
Tech wrote
at 7:09 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Everyone gets in someone's way. It happens to everyone, randomly. When I've played two hundred games, and you've played two hundred games, we'll have both had our fair share of bad luck, and of good luck. But two hundred games later, the better player will have more points, because, in the end, skill still beats luck.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary