Forum

Beware Cheaters
Silvercobra wrote
at 2:16 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Notice when you sit down suddenly a few more do?

This is not about people who broke a 'truce' or called me names or stabbed him or her.

This is about when you arrive in a room and there are always the same 2/3 people waiting...who have already decided to team up.

You come... they kill you... it is not possible to beat them...

How can you tell?

Its hard..

but youll notice that they dont set borders for each other and dont attack when they should (although many noobs do this too).. and if you stay until the end then ull see that although its even, one of the players will immediately surrender! and usually a stronger one!

I have no idea how to stop this but anyway...

Im posting one set I'm sure about below:

hbergereon and joivir

Replies 1 - 10 of 25 Next › Last »
Measure wrote
at 2:49 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
you can get around this by being a better player. If three people decide not to attack each other, it will end up hurting them as a strong single player will be harder to emerge.

In practice, this game does not allow for many early-game collusion strategies that will reliably work every time.

pTm wrote
at 3:19 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
And don't forget that there are 7 players on the table. You can ask the others (during a game) to kill the team first and then start the real game. That's a way to get them out of the 1700 tables.
Measure wrote
at 3:23 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
pTm, you're countering an alliance with an alliance. Sounds good in theory, but I don't see alliances being highly profitable in this game in general.

There's no way to control where your starting territories are, or even where reinforcements are placed.

The best way to win is to play for yourself.
Measure wrote
at 3:25 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
I'll amend that.... I don't see how pre-set alliances would work.

During the course of the game, it may be occasionally beneficial to join an alliance with a neighbor. maybe.
Silvercobra wrote
at 3:55 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Being a better player will not help. Try it with anyone.. go to a table and decide to work together without anyone knowing... one of u will win 4/5 times.

Biggest problem is you only realise theres an alliance when its too late...

During the game... with public knowledge is a different story.. although it still skews the game...
Measure wrote
at 4:06 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Wait... I thought you were saying that other people have done this to you? Now you're saying you've done it to other people?

What is your win percentage with one ally vs. your win percentage with no allies?
Silvercobra wrote
at 4:21 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
i have not done it... i played against it.. and I made up the odds.. but I know it from risk.

My point is that you are claiming that I should be better.. I just want you to experience how much it skews a game...
MattC wrote
at 6:02 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
When I first read this thread I thought "yeah, yeah whatever. Alliances are part of the game." But this just happened to me in the last game I played and I didn't even see it coming.

I was in first with over a third of the board and the last two people weren't attacking each other. At first I thought it was just an unspoken alliance to get rid of me, which I'm totally fine with, but once I was killed off the guy who was winning, tsirrus, surrendered and darkdice won. These were two evenly matched "players" with the same amount of territories at the end and they didn't even give a fight. To top it off tsirrus had a stockpile of dice.

So just be aware that these things DO happen and look out for tsirrus and darkdice.
Ryan wrote
at 6:17 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
This can probably happen more often at the lower tables. There aren't as many players at the higher tables so its easy to remember game to game aliances like this.
jeeebuss wrote
at 10:53 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Silvercobra is just sore cause wee pwned on him/her.... HA HA HA HA HA HA....although if you think about it... three smaller weak areas should be a cake walk against a unified singular area, I should know...because I broke my alliance... you just blow...get over it..
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary