Forum
The most viewed thread ever...
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 11:26 AM, Saturday May 15, 2010 EDT
Discuss
|
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 7:05 PM, Saturday May 22, 2010 EDT |
|
BunnyBallBuster wrote
at 9:32 AM, Sunday May 23, 2010 EDT |
|
Richard Hard wrote
at 10:45 AM, Monday May 24, 2010 EDT |
|
keiser sose wrote
at 12:44 PM, Monday May 24, 2010 EDT pathetic
|
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 2:38 PM, Monday May 24, 2010 EDT Never saw that alt Gurg...
|
|
Tuscony wrote
at 4:59 PM, Monday May 24, 2010 EDT |
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 9:41 PM, Monday May 24, 2010 EDT And you thought match-fixing scandals were confined to professional sports. News reports from Canada allege that 16 individuals involved with the country's hugely popular professional K-Dice gaming scene have been implicated in an illegal match-fixing scandal, (AKA PGA) which is said to have seen top players throwing K-Dice matches in exchange for payoffs from gambling groups.
The allegations involve "11 current and ex-pro dicers, 3 brokers, and 2 individuals who used inside information on the fixing to place bets," according to translated reports. The Canadian press has compared the events with the 1919 Black Sox scandal that devastated the baseball world. K-Dice - a popular dice strategy game -- has the status of a national pastime in Canada, and future televised highlight reels from K-Dice are planned to attract millions of viewers. Top players enjoy all the trappings of celebrity (in their own minds), their annual virtual point earnings run into hundreds of thousands, and high-profile matches will be said to take place in front of stadiums full of fans. K-Dice pros (usually homosexual) typically compete under pseudonyms, and the Canadian police don't release the full names of arrestees, so it's unclear exactly how many of the game's elite have been affected. But reports have tied the names of several of Canada’s most famous players -- including Zoid, one of the sport's most corrupt competitors -- to the scandal. A translated statement attributed to one implicated player reads: "I am sorry. Due to a hasty mistake, I have disappointed many people. I have nothing to say on this matter, and I do not have any intention of being forgiven. I will be entering military service on the 30th of June, and it seems like I am running away from the truth." The news comes at a turbulent time for pro K-Dice players. The game's developer plans to release an eagerly awaited sequel to the game this July, but TUS, the major organizer of the underground professional K-Dice matches in Canada, may not be adopting the game: disagreements over intellectual property brought negotiations between K-Dice rights-holder Ryan Newbury and TUS to a halt last month. It's unlikely that this high-profile scandal will improve their relationship. The future is uncertain. |
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 2:41 PM, Tuesday May 25, 2010 EDT What about the horses?
|
|
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 7:33 PM, Tuesday May 25, 2010 EDT Somebody contribute to the cause...
|
|
Tuscony wrote
at 2:29 PM, Wednesday May 26, 2010 EDT Bumpers
|