Forum

PGA is Cheating
Ryan wrote
at 1:52 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
If you team up against other players without them knowing it is a very unfair way to play and is therefore cheating. If you can't play any other way its kinda sad. I really believe in the game and PGA is not part of it.

There are a bunch of guys that think it's discussion worthly whether this is a valid way to play and it's absolutely not. I've told them this but they get off on their own special aim group thinking they're the "titans of kdice" when really they have no credibility.

If players here think this is a valid way to play please post here so I can remove your account so the rest of us can play the real game.... and trophies gained from this invalid play should be removed too.

Kdice is a great game and I believe there are great players out there that don't need to resort to these cheap tricks. I will move the game towards this pure kdice style as much as i can. For now I'll just remove people who chose otherwise.

Replies 1 - 10 of 107 Next › Last »
montecarlo wrote
at 4:30 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
if you want to remove all pga trophies, i would advise taking rnd's may trophy, luck's june trophy, integral's july trophy. gotta admit that i profited (profitted?) from those months too in some fashion with AIMing, so take mine from then as well. the 'cabal' was so scattered though, that i dont know where you should draw the line as to removing trophies and identifying people as 'cabal members'. i wasnt around to witness mikey's 1st, maybe he did it without AIM. rooney's 1st was gotten via proxy, which is much worse than pga in my opinion. the rest of the 1sts seem clean. the only pga involved in them was not under the winner's control. the winner was popular with the people, and people decided to explicitly attack others instead of the winner, because of this popularity. there is nothing you can do to stop popularity personalities on this game, and stop people from helping people they like. unless you remove identification on the tables somehow, but i would guess that would kill the social aspect.

just my $0.02 (which is less that canadian money now, my bad)
montecarlo wrote
at 4:43 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
god, im torn over this. i'll try to represent both sides of my split personality:

side 1: admit the truth, take the punishment, be honest. thank ryan.

side 2: admit the truth, avoid the punishment, be honest. protect myself and my friends a little more.

side 1 is basically seen in my first post. and it eerily reminds me of how i admitted things to leekstep (as i was admitting to everyone who asked me at the time)... but that turned out bad, because the facts were skewed by peoples biases when leek reported them.

side 2, i have to bring up the fact that as far as AIMpga-ing went, i would estimate that any member of the cabal used it AT MOST 20% of the time. and mostly when we were fighting off other anti-cabals. we all played tons of games without each other and did just fine. partial evidence of this is seen in last month's results as dasfury (an ex-cabaler) got 1st overall without pga, i got 3rd overall without pga (you can ask anyone that i never even turned on AIM last month), and integral ludicrously reached 6000 points in like 100 games last month, again without pga. its not that the cabal was a bunch of skill-less players who obtained trophies purely through cheating. its more like they were a bunch of natural top 25-ability players who started to get along a bit too much.

so in the end, i dont know. if you want to make an example of me, then i dont know what you should do. on the one hand, you could remove all of my may-july trophies from khistory. on the other hand, no one has any idea how high everyone wouldve placed without the AIMing.

god, im torn.
olkainry38 wrote
at 5:06 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
The most part of the top players are friendly with a lots of other top players and find them randomly at tables. They have tendency to attack the new coming they don't know. For me it is as a PGA...
NotoriousPGAman wrote
at 8:09 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
...and you expect us to believe you just like that Montecarlo. You were in it all so you have like zero credibility.

"its not that the cabal was a bunch of skill-less players who obtained trophies purely through cheating."

but that is exactly what the cabal was. Bunch of people who cheated to get trophies and then some more. All that was got purely through cheating. No skill whatsoever. The cabal = cheating noobs.
montecarlo wrote
at 8:16 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
i lolled
integral wrote
at 8:43 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
I'm glad you've commented on this, I didn't think you would (maybe just letting things die?)

Personally, I think you should make some more rules to better define the game.

I know my skill in this game, and no gif on my profile will make me think any less of my skill, that said, I hope you're consistent in the taking away of gifs, because it was certainly way more players than just the "cabal" that pga'd. We were just the only ones who would actually admit it.

Also, I'm all for removing identification on the tables, I think it would be great for the game.
montecarlo wrote
at 9:43 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
if pga is cheating, what does that make pge?
Kehoe wrote
at 9:44 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
PGE is a way of life. Ask teh Kwiz
MadHat_Sam wrote
at 9:48 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
Where is the line? Between a PGA and people just knowing each other and being more friendly to the ones they know than the ones they don't? Is it the use of a outside program to assist in communication? Is it something less explicit?
CuteKittens wrote
at 9:51 AM, Thursday December 6, 2007 EST
"if pga is cheating, what does that make pge?

A self-correcting strategy.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary