Forum

Server Performance Message
Ryan wrote
at 2:40 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
This has been a very busy week on kdice and gpokr. I've been racing to keep up with the traffic. I've made many performance improvements this week and I'm slowly being able to get ahead of the traffic demand.

I know its frustrating to get lag and have the server down. Its definitely not the experience I want to provide. I aim to make the sites fast and very responsive and I'm working hard to bring this back.

Testing these high loads on the server wouldn't be possible without everyone here. So I have to thank you for hitting the server hard even when its busy. And if you're too frustrated, I understand, and will welcome you back in a few days, a week, or whenever when I hope the site will be dramatically faster.

Replies 1 - 10 of 13 Next › Last »
gohstlee wrote
at 2:50 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Thanks, Ryan... we *do* appreciate it. Or, thjose who don't can go elsewhere. ;-)

I just donated, and I would urge everyone else to donate a little something to the cause. It might improve our situation as well.

-- Gohstlee
JKD wrote
at 2:57 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Thanks for the news, very good to hear.
StunnedFaz0r wrote
at 4:04 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
So this is mostly back-end issue & or a bandwidth problem?
gohstlee wrote
at 7:48 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
No, I think he just said that a lot of the problem is fixing bugs, and ironing out performance issues in the server code. Very hard to simulate a heavy server load in the privacy of your own room. So, sometimes you have to debug in a live environment, and fix 'em as you find 'em. Hopefully we're at the flatter part of the slope now...
z3ddicus wrote
at 11:29 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Thanks Ryan
SSJPabs wrote
at 12:55 AM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
It is rather frustrating but I'm playing at 1am central time in the US, is the international load that heavy?
Overlats wrote
at 1:13 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Thanks for your efforts!
SSJPabs wrote
at 1:58 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Should also add a thanks for your efforts as well. Sorry I didn't put that in the original post.
SSJPabs wrote
at 2:47 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
On second thought, the server lag literally cost me a game i was on the way to winning. Other players all attacked me and nothing I could do would make my dice attack. So I guess I'm out for a while, hope you get it cleared up.
Alpha1 wrote
at 3:18 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
thanks ryan
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary