Forum

5v8 - why am I so old school?
Louis Cypher wrote
at 10:51 AM, Wednesday May 23, 2018 EDT
http://kdice.com/games/81610254 is the link to the replay of a nicely won game when I had to respect the 5v8 of pamuchar suiciding... Later on he revealed he doesn't even know the rule. It still hurts a bit somehow, but a rule's a rule even if the other's uninformed.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 16 of 16
Louis Cypher wrote
at 4:05 AM, Tuesday June 5, 2018 EDT
Hey Dug, nice to read you - I am kind of missing you. Any thoughts of returning (with accounts I happen to know)?
Vermont wrote
at 11:39 AM, Tuesday June 5, 2018 EDT
I never liked this "rule" either and have killed off several people that claimed they should beat me because of a single lucky role.

Then again, I'm old and cranky. Get off my lawn.
integral wrote
at 5:27 PM, Tuesday June 5, 2018 EDT
I was always in the doesn't have to be called camp. 5v8 is insta win in my book and always will be, called or not.
Louis Cypher wrote
at 2:57 AM, Thursday June 7, 2018 EDT
"My lawn" - here's one that only works in German unfortunately: Eigentum ist rechts und deshalb widrig!

Other than that - seeing regulars, oldtimers and far above average players denying this "rule" or agreement" is a little sad (called or not). But nothing to go too nuts about - just a little maybe...
Exa wrote
at 10:07 PM, Thursday June 7, 2018 EDT
then are you happy when other career top25 tells you they honor 5v8 ?
Louis Cypher wrote
at 2:57 AM, Friday June 8, 2018 EDT
Well Exa, that's the problem with human beings. Having our expectations - may they be reasonable or not - fulfilled doesn't necessarily create happiness. Having them dissappointed will almost always create sorrow or anger.

So, seeing others playing according to this so called rule might give me a good feeling (especially ofc if I had been the 5 stack, but that hypothetical), but it won't create happiness. More along the line that I am not alone giving away won games over 1 lucky roll often done out of despair.

I would agree with Vermont that it is a stupid rule - but then the entire game is stupid and often decided by one lucky roll (8v6 defend, 6v8 win...). Why not add another possibility for a lucky shot. After 30 days those points are voided anyways and the feeling that you KNOW you had it won is still there, even if you sit out then.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary