Forum

Facebook-bug
zinke wrote
at 6:14 AM, Tuesday July 18, 2017 EDT
Many people have had their Kdice-account disconnected from Facebook.

For me it happened in the middle of a game. I was suddenly logged out and logging in with Facebook just prompted me to create a new name.

This disconnect happened simultaneously for me and another player I don't know the name of. We spoke about it in chat.

So.. for some reason people are getting their accounts disconnected from Facebook. Some bug is triggering the "create new account" function or something of the sort.

I know Ryan isn't actively involved, so making changes or fixing anything is probably difficult. If you can fix this for me and all others affected, it would be swell though.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 18 of 18
Ryan wrote
at 11:59 AM, Thursday July 20, 2017 EDT
I've linked your other account to facebook. You'll probably need to sign in again
Magic Roundabout wrote
at 3:37 PM, Thursday July 20, 2017 EDT
Ryan you ever going to bring kdice back to it's former glory?
Magic Roundabout wrote
at 3:38 PM, Thursday July 20, 2017 EDT
And you ever making new mods? gpokr doesn't even have anyone active anymore
Ryan wrote
at 4:47 PM, Thursday July 20, 2017 EDT
I'm not sure I know how to do that. Any suggestions?
the best zinke wrote
at 4:41 AM, Friday July 21, 2017 EDT
An easy thing to do would be to make the game more mobile compatible. It is already html so all you gotta do is add a fullscreen-button which hides unnecessary elements and makes the game window scale according to viewport.

100vw = viewport width
100vh = viewport height

Actually supported by browsers, believe it or not.
Ryan wrote
at 10:49 AM, Friday July 21, 2017 EDT
Magic Roundabout wrote
at 12:32 PM, Friday July 21, 2017 EDT
Ryan check this:

http://kdice.com/discussion/topics/45164045

some ideas in there, you could send an email out to all players and try and draw some people back into the game with updates etc?

Been playing this game over 10+ years and want to see it keep going strong it just needs a revamp of sorts to get the player base back to what it once was
Magic Roundabout wrote
at 12:35 PM, Friday July 21, 2017 EDT
A kill counter for each player would be really cool, or even a total amount of kills at the top of the website or something?

If the community reaches a certain amount of kills there is a reward of some description I dunno backgrounds or something there is loads you could implement into the game that hasn't been done yet
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary