Forum

anybody know of a good free videocap program?
jurgen wrote
at 2:23 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
I intend to write some guidelines for good pga reporting in the advisor blog

as has been repeated often, screencaps tell so much more than chatlogs only

the next step is game replays/game recordings

for chat abuse, pictures are good enough but to prove pga by screencaps you need a good view of what happened in a game, usually meaning tens of pictures. That will work if the key moves are screencapped and some people can back the pga report up.

A video capture program would be an amazing tool for pga reporting. However, ideally it needs to be free and so far I haven't found a good free one.

It would be great if somebody who knew of something usefull could post it here. A free automated screencapper (taking a screencap every so many seconds) would be cool too.

Someone who could create a "replay" tool that makes a cap of the kdice map every second + records chatlog + records eventlog + finds a way to synchronise all 3 parts for good replay will get a big contributor + from me

(looks at kakku man :P)

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 13 of 13
jurgen wrote
at 3:59 PM, Saturday January 22, 2011 EST
took me some time to check these out but thanks all for all the suggestions

Camstudio looks like a very good free open source solution where you can select only the Kdice region of the screen to save diskspace

I used the settings of 10 frames per second, 60 quality and 0,75 time/quality to result in descent quality video.

These settings need about 10Mb per minute of Kdice game (only the Kdice area captured) so a typical Kdice game would be 120 - 200 Megs total. With a divX encoder you could easily reduce the size to 1/5 of the avi size, especially since there is a lot of white on the map.

I'll add this program and maybe some of the other alternatives to the "how to report abuse and pga" thread I am about to start writing for the Advisor Blog
Teadoni wrote
at 5:43 AM, Monday January 14, 2013 EST
Did you tried this videocap software http://www.videocap.com i think its great chose.
jurgen wrote
at 1:53 PM, Monday January 14, 2013 EST
Thanks for the information. I might check it out but I'm actually still using Camstudio.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary