Forum

anybody know of a good free videocap program?
jurgen wrote
at 2:23 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
I intend to write some guidelines for good pga reporting in the advisor blog

as has been repeated often, screencaps tell so much more than chatlogs only

the next step is game replays/game recordings

for chat abuse, pictures are good enough but to prove pga by screencaps you need a good view of what happened in a game, usually meaning tens of pictures. That will work if the key moves are screencapped and some people can back the pga report up.

A video capture program would be an amazing tool for pga reporting. However, ideally it needs to be free and so far I haven't found a good free one.

It would be great if somebody who knew of something usefull could post it here. A free automated screencapper (taking a screencap every so many seconds) would be cool too.

Someone who could create a "replay" tool that makes a cap of the kdice map every second + records chatlog + records eventlog + finds a way to synchronise all 3 parts for good replay will get a big contributor + from me

(looks at kakku man :P)

Replies 1 - 10 of 13 Next › Last »
chaiNblade wrote
at 2:33 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
Every software program is free nowadays, wake up Jurgs!
Search for CamStudio. If you don't know where to get a decent version, hit me up on FB and I'll see what I can do x
EInegro wrote
at 3:10 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
hypercam 2
NextJ wrote
at 3:17 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
Camtasia Studio
Tazy wrote
at 5:13 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
I use Camtasia, it's pretty good.
jurgen wrote
at 5:25 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
chain, not every program is for free. Well I know you can get most on p2p of course and I would also know how to get unlock stuff for "free trial verions" but I really needed something totally legal and freeware and functioning without any time or other restrictions to post on this site so everyone can use it without promoting something where you or the site could get into trouble for.

I'll be checking out your camstudio idea (and the others too, thx for those too) since that seems to be the best freeware option so far
LSK wrote
at 5:38 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
The Videolan VLC Player
Its free, and u can make videos from your screen.
DoubleDogDareYa wrote
at 8:14 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
I use Replay Media Catcher. It's not free though.

BTW, I have the Kostur 5k game video from earlier today that has enough evidence to bring the account down this month. the one where he had 3 territories and was in the middle of the board and was funneled the game.

But nobody ever gives a shit.
jurgen wrote
at 8:48 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
DDDY, cut the crap, people give a shit

just post the video or stop posting you have evidence or nothing can be done anyway

greekboi wrote
at 9:38 PM, Wednesday December 29, 2010 EST
I use Replay Media Catcher. It's not free though.

I love DDDY he's a boss!!

p.s. post something epic
stitched wrote
at 6:32 AM, Thursday December 30, 2010 EST
3 choices jurgs all free, i have tried camstudio and screentoaster and they work well for this purpose. Ofcourse adjustments need to be made to set up how you want them to behave.

Open Source program

camstudio 2.0

http://camstudio.org/ <---- website
http://www.camstudio.org/CamStudio20.exe <---- direct download

a firefox add-on

capturefox

http://www.capturefox.com/ <---- didnt try this, it has mixed reviews

an online screen recorder

screentoaster

http://www.screentoaster.com <----- all done online, saved as compressed flv online (20gB free space), can download, publish or email immediately. Very simple process to sign up and you're away.

do we email links and vids to kcop .... [email protected] ??
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary