Forum

when 3-4 out of 7 players are begging others to kill them.......
CP03 wrote
at 11:31 PM, Tuesday March 6, 2007 EST
that's when we know something is wrong with the scoring

the matter is worsened by the uneven starts. consider this, in one game:

-blue has two 5 stackers close to each other (2 territories apart)
-yellow has four territories, spread out in four coners
-red has no 5 stackers, but have 3 territories connected
-teal has one 5 stackers and the other three territories is close to each other and not surrounded by others 5 stackers
-the rest are pretty much dead

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 13 of 13
Xerxes855 wrote
at 1:58 AM, Friday March 9, 2007 EST
When I start out sucky and never had a good dominance to begin with, I go into survival mode. If I'm last on dominance anyway, might as well try to get a better rank. I think people are over compensating for the new dominance score. I only suicide/want to be taken out if I was doing well and have a good dominance.
accountx3 wrote
at 8:09 AM, Friday March 9, 2007 EST
why do you have to get on survival mode to begin with.....it's because the initial placement is unfair, sometimes to 3-4 out of 7 players in a game.......
Star Block! wrote
at 9:49 AM, Friday March 9, 2007 EST
There's always going to be unfair starts (I also liked the old "uneven" ones). If everyone started with 4 unconnected territories, each with four (or eight) dice, whoever loses the first roll is going to complain their start was unfair.

However, if they all give up then the game is ruined for everyone else playing, so "survival mode" is good. I see more begging to kill away players or "let me have X place" than "kill me so I don't lose a million points of dominance," so I don't think the problem in the 1st post is significant compared to new problems gameplay/system changes would bring. Beggars just beg about anything just depending on their position. Begging could be reduced by doing the opposite of what they ask.

I now notice I've made the only suggestions agreeing with 1st post... so thi
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary