Forum

when 3-4 out of 7 players are begging others to kill them.......
CP03 wrote
at 11:31 PM, Tuesday March 6, 2007 EST
that's when we know something is wrong with the scoring

the matter is worsened by the uneven starts. consider this, in one game:

-blue has two 5 stackers close to each other (2 territories apart)
-yellow has four territories, spread out in four coners
-red has no 5 stackers, but have 3 territories connected
-teal has one 5 stackers and the other three territories is close to each other and not surrounded by others 5 stackers
-the rest are pretty much dead

Replies 1 - 10 of 13 Next › Last »
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 3:09 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
Actually, when 3-4 out of 7 players are begging others to kill them, that's when we know you're playing with a bunch of people who don't have a clue how to play the game. I'm guessing that you may have another profile, but right now your profile shows a total of 16 games played and a score of 1428 - so you are apparently playing at the no minimum tables. You'll get clueless players at the no minimum tables who give up too fast, but I don't see this at the 1600 or 1700 tables. If you put even minimal thought into your game, you should be able to rise above the tables where this nonsense happens.
Star Block! wrote
at 7:04 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
Would average size be better if it was calculated on how many territories you've been able to hold for two whole rounds instead of one? And maybe a "/dominance" or "/help" command that brings up a better explanation of dominance.
Palleon wrote
at 8:11 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
The only time its good to be taken out is if you had a huge lead and have lost it, if you've been terrible all game its best to hold on to try to get a better place because your dominance can't get any worse.
Tech wrote
at 9:31 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
-uneven- starts? Man, back when you could start with a 7, and be surrounded by ones, that was awesome. And the other gus didn't care cuz they had a six and a four on the other end of the board, those ones didn't matter. That was fun.

I figure people think 5v3s and 4v2 are losing more is becuase they're forced to do them...

Anyways, about the begging thing, *shrug* I dunno.
CP03 wrote
at 2:15 PM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
Higher scores players play at the no minimum tables too, especially during more quiet times when you have to wait forever to have 7 players at the higher scores tables.

I happen to play in the minimum tables once with 5 players with 1570+ scores, once with a 1700, 1650+, 1600+ 1550+ players. They all at one point, quite early in the game, begged to be killed off. Some simply just leave the game. They couldn’t be bothered since there’s no chance whatsoever they can have a good score. Are you inferring that these high score players also don’t know have a clue what they are doing…………..???
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 2:49 PM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
CPO3,

Not suggesting that at all. It does seem that you are exaggerating how often it happens and how many players have done it in one game. I simply don't believe that 5 high ranked players, who all happened to be playing at a no minimum table, were all begging to be killed off early in the game. At the very least, the strongest of the bottom 5 would have scored decently (at least only a small negative) on finishing position and dominance no matter how much bigger 1 and 2 were, so it just doesn't make sense to just give up if 4 other players are in bad shape (and relatively high ranked). Anyone who begs to be killed in those circumstances is playing stupid, or just doesn't care about their score or rank.
CP03 wrote
at 11:22 PM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
"Anyone who begs to be killed in those circumstances is playing stupid, or just doesn't care about their score or rank."

not really. someone just want less territory or just killed off from the game because staying in would mean hurting their dominance (average size).
GDI wrote
at 2:57 AM, Thursday March 8, 2007 EST
CPO3 you are correct in that your start has a lot to do with whether you win or not. A big part of this is how close in size all the stacks are since the update. But fuzzycat will be along soon to tell me that I don't know what I am talking about and that 5 stacks do have a 75% chance to lose to a 3 stack.
Beals wrote
at 5:24 AM, Thursday March 8, 2007 EST
If I beg someone to kill me, it's because I've clearly lost and I want to go. I really don't like bailing on a table. It just doesn't seem right to me. Since I am more concerned with winning first every game rather than scoring a single point, points have nothing to do with it if I want to be killed. So if I ask you to kill me, please do so! And while you're at it, don't ask me to truce either!
CP03 wrote
at 9:23 PM, Thursday March 8, 2007 EST
if you say so..................
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary