Forum

1800 tables
XicaDaSilva wrote
at 5:54 PM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
Yes I know they automatically appear when 250 players are above 250. However, i believe that due to the ranking changes maybe we can use a lower threshold. Why not try one table just to see if enough games will be played there.

Pro:
- already played games where average ELO was above 1800, but this is difficult to happen because a couple of low 1700 are always ready to join.

- There is a player over 2000, where is this guy supposed to play?

- more of the higher rated accounts are unique players now, inthe pastthis was not the case.

- people are more willing to play, so even if less players are above level x, once the table x is available they will play.

Conclusion: 250 accounts in the past contained a lot of duplicates, tables available or not players would refuse to play as long as they were in top (they would have rather create new account andbring it to the top 25). New ranking encourages players to play and to play with one account, so demand for tables is higher.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 15 of 15
MadWilly wrote
at 8:32 PM, Monday March 5, 2007 EST
thats the idea helix. so it is for everyone else. getting first isnt ment to be a walk in the park sweety.
triplehelix wrote
at 7:49 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
i never said it should be a walk in the park sugar britches, just that if the curve for rewarding rank points wasn't so steep, it would allow more people to be in contention, not just the few highest elo's.
Star Block! wrote
at 7:55 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
The guy in 100th should be 1st.
MadWilly wrote
at 10:15 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
triple helix please think again.
All your posts come down to the point that you want to have the old ranking back. Which is not in line with most of the top 500 players i know.
triplehelix wrote
at 10:51 AM, Wednesday March 7, 2007 EST
willy, please read again. i DO NOT want the old system back. as i've said repeatedly, both in this, and gruns "argaaaaa" thread, i think the new system is good, just that the assignment of rank points needs a little smoothing out.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary