Forum

Truce between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
SandyBell wrote
at 1:54 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
I've seen this several times now.

This is how the early 3 way truce betwen 3 players works: 1st asks 2nd for alliance. At this point they have a very good chance to win, but not 100% so, they ask another good sized player to join and get a sure 3rd. sice this last call can be interpreted as a threat it's usually accepted. Now the game is over, they can decide who to eliminate fisrt. some players are intimmidated, say nothing and even stop attcking them hoping for better treatment from the evil alliance.

So who is the main instigator of this paractice?

<b>Amare Stoudemire</b> (aka Stoudemire, Stoude).

This is a cheap way of getting points. And you need points if you hope to get "medals". Remember he was the one requesting "medals" for the top 100 before the reset.

is his style (truce between 1st and second, then asks third join them and get third).

One of the lamest player I've seen.
Only looking for points.
Has two more user ids at least:
Stoudemire
Stoude

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 19 of 19
Stoude wrote
at 8:14 AM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
Yes. That is, i created the account Stoude to develop this strategy, and it works fine. After just 27 games, 25% 1st and 25% 2nd, 1796 pts.

I hope the people from the forum help each other to develop successful strategies and share them, instead of criticize them.

I think the new rules will bring this kind of alliances (instead of the big-little alliances that brought the old rules).

Please Sandy i'd like to discuss about strategies and share them to optimize them.

Amare Stoudemire wrote
at 8:53 AM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
I agree with StunnedFazer in:

1. "P.S. I know those examples are pre-allied, not the situation we have at hand. "

So why'd you bring it up?

2. I think it's legitimate.
joshuaxls wrote
at 5:14 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
My two cents.

I think it's a legitimate strategy. As long as you're not hacking or pulling PGA's, there's no such thing as an illegitimate strategy. But personally, although I'm sure I've been guilty of it at times, I would call it a lame strategy -- nevertheless still a legitimate one.

It reminds me of Shaq's days at the Lakers, where he served as a 7 and a half foot meat pole under the rim. It was a lame strategy and I hated watching the Lakers play, but they did win and no one could do anything about it.

The difference between the NBA and kdice (besides a whole lot else) is that you can choose who you play with for the most part. I try to avoid people who play using this strategy. That's about all you can do, I think. There's no way to force someone to toss a legitimate, winning strategy away.
Stoude wrote
at 5:23 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
Well, i think that is not as easy as you are telling. You can be victim of a countertruce if you don't do it at the precise moment.

Btw, congrats joshua, you did a nice job today: 2 top ten accounts.
rndaxs wrote
at 5:38 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
i'll put my two cents in.

since the strategy has already been confirmed; it just seems contrary to the spirit of hte game. we want to win, yes; but you want to get that exhiliration from winning a good fight.. at least. thats what i want.
;)

Stoude wrote
at 5:40 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
I agree with that rnd.
SandyBell wrote
at 12:56 AM, Tuesday February 27, 2007 EST
joshuaxls says:
"I would call it a lame strategy"
"I try to avoid people who play using this strategy"

rndax says:
"it just seems contrary to the spirit of hte game"

and stoude agrees with both!

________________ wrote
at 5:44 AM, Tuesday February 27, 2007 EST
Sure SandyBell - what where´s the difference between rnd´s and joshuas point?

Both said, that this strategie isn´t illegitim, but lame...

I think also that this is a lame strategie, and normaly I don´t take part. And say this as well. f.e. "that´s lame"...

But in other specific situations I take part...

So on?
triplehelix wrote
at 8:27 AM, Tuesday February 27, 2007 EST
there is no cheating involved in this strategy, but i agree it is definitely weak, and "cheap".
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary