Forum

Dominance Explaination - leave the other threads alone
Ryan wrote
at 2:24 PM, Monday February 12, 2007 EST
Dominance is an ELO based adjustment where you have an expected score of 0-6. Your expected score is calculated based on ratings at the start of the game. If all ratings are equal then everyone has an expected score of 3.

Your score is accumulated during the game as players are knocked out. Each time a player is knocked out your AS(average size) for the game up to but not including the current round is compared. If you have a higher AS you get one point to your score. If you AS is equal then you get 0.5 added to your score. If it is less then you don't get anything added to your score.

AS is measured as the average total count of your territories at the beginning of each turn. The first round is not counted.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 21 - 24 of 24
gohstlee wrote
at 12:04 AM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
No, no, no. You earn dominance points every time a player goes out (if your average is higher than theirs). So, if you are one of the ones left at the end, you will (usually) have a certain number of dominance points that <b> you can never lose!!</b>

People seem to lose track of this point. It is a failed strategy to hang around and not kill a 3rd party, in order to drive down their score. people won't do it, because there's basically no profit in it. Would you do it, for 2 or 3 points total?? It's not worth anyone's time.

So, people may try it, but they will discover that it does not work.
algios wrote
at 11:36 AM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
Ok Ryan, what about this thing, that is likely to happen:

5 Players left:

Winning alliance "Big" and "Small"-Player
Losing alliance "big" and "small"-player
"Sitter" got stuck in a corner attacked every six rounds or not and hoping for getting out last.

Let us assume each player knows all AS of every player. Also assume that at start of 8vs8 AS is ranked as follows: big > Big > Small > small > Sitter

big got 2 points on domination so far.
Big and small got 1 point.
Small and Sitter 0.

Lets say when game is decided they let "Sitter" grow (unlikely i know, still possible though) and pass turns until his AS is bigger than "big"'s and "small"'s. Then the outcome would be:

Big 5, Small 3, big 3, small 1 and Sitter 2.

In comparison another _possible_ outcome (e.g. flagging when "Small"'s actual territories are bigger than "big"'s, old school ^^ ):

Big 5, Small 2, big 5, small 2 and Sitter 0.

Biggest difference on "Sitter" and "big".

Only one point difference on "Small" in this in my opinion realistic (almost) worst-case scenario.

So what you can do with this leak you can get one point more for small ally, two if he is really small and upsetting everyone else at the table. Perhaps granting your friend in the corner some points also. Although i thought one would get more points for it, nope impossible under these circumstances.
Ronery wrote
at 11:40 AM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
I think that might be a little far-fetched Algios.
dougadamsmith wrote
at 1:22 PM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
If there are say 5 people left. I am big stack, if everyone surrenders am I worse off (assuming i would win regardless)? Would I get more dominanace points for eliminating everyone?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary