Forum

Problem with the new system
tharris7 wrote
at 9:36 PM, Sunday February 11, 2007 EST
I was playing a game in which i was currently second, blue was first and brown was third. Blue allied with brown since brown had a threatening 8 stack. They wore me down to one stack, long after i had flagged for third.

This is the problem: Blue stopped attacking me and the two of them kept 'ending turn' for a while and i had no way of killing myself. In the process brown's dominance increased and mine decreased.

I had been quite large for most of the game but having one territory for 20 turns brought my whole average down and i ended up with -6 for dominance.

Anyway this is one flaw of the new system and it is similar to another scenario:

Say 1st place has 15 territories, 2nd has 12, 3rd has 8 and 4th has 8. 1st and second had allied and thats how they got the dominant position.

Often when the game is at this point everyone will flag.

But with the new system it might be better for first and second to eat away at the others for a while and increase their dominance, while decreasing the others.

Would this give them a better score than if everyone had just flagged when they saw that the game was decided?

« First ‹ Previous Replies 31 - 32 of 32
Milka wrote
at 1:47 PM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
I miss my good old kdice system, ...
I think Ryan should thinking about, what the goal of this game should be. On the one side, if you are the winner, the gain of points should be higher than 2nd and 3rd and 4th ... On the other side, if somebody dominate other players he should be winner because he is the one, who do a lots of trouble without using strategy ...
I can't really understand to get -1 point for 3rd, because I was between two smaller countries which are fighting against a big country. And at least I can't do anything and I was unsure of flagging, because to be afiad of loosing more points ... pls. explain what I should do in situation like this. thx
terminatorisgay wrote
at 8:01 PM, Wednesday February 14, 2007 EST
i just played in a game where i did decent and finished in second place. to end the game we put up flags. 3rd place got +15. 5 for 3rd and 10 for dominance. i finished in 2nd. i received -4 pts. +10 for 2nd and -14 for dominance. the new system is messed up. at one point in the middle, i led in territories. me and 3rd had gone at it for a while and i finished wit more than him. i dont understand how i can lose 14 while he gains 10 especially if i finish better than him.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary