Forum

Site lags and crashes
CriticalDog wrote
at 2:21 PM, Thursday December 14, 2023 EST
So, the site randomly lags, which messes up games, and at least once a day when I try to get in the site is essentially broken. The frames load, but there is a red "server error" message.

Is this just due to neglect, or a bad host?

I know we don't have many folks playing these days, and this may be one of the reasons why.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
gnice37 wrote
at 8:03 PM, Thursday December 14, 2023 EST
every few days it seems you cant log in the normal way....if this happens, use private or incognito mode
greeen wrote
at 6:51 AM, Monday December 18, 2023 EST
why doesn't ryan care?
Louis Cypher wrote
at 7:33 AM, Monday December 18, 2023 EST
Why would he? 17 years in he might have a life by now, possibly a family and so on. Given there was a real job besides programming funny internet games, even the money earned here (if there was much money in this) might not be worth the effort depending on the regular job. In total - nice that the game is still running, but when you grow older and have less time to waste, kdice is dropping off the list.

This might change when the kids leave the house.... give the game another 10 years ;-)
CriticalDog wrote
at 8:33 AM, Tuesday December 19, 2023 EST
Why would he?

Granted, as near as I can tell it's only like 4 people now, but he is still receiving money for a good or service. If he were a good businessperson, he would put in the minimal effort to make sure the service the people are paying for functions as intended.

KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary