Forum

Flags & Away
Maelwys wrote
at 1:00 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
Once a player manually flags, and puts up the away tag, they should NOT be allowed back into the game.

IF they are lagged out, and the system puts them away, and flags em, its another story...

but the people who go into hibernation, hiding behind a flag and then unload 5 turns later, are complete BS.

Replies 1 - 10 of 18 Next › Last »
fuzzycat wrote
at 1:25 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
why? If you know you gonna pass the next 10 rounds either way, you only safe time when sitting out.

one thing for all players: JUST TREAT AWAY PLAYERS LIKE A PLAYER THAT WOULD BE THERE.

The only thing why people always complain is they donnot attack an away player, because they thing. Oh they will not sit back in... and then feal betrayed when they do. Just behave against away players, like a normal player that only would pass, and all problems are gone!
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 7:12 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
I agree Maelwys. There is a difference between being away and flagging. Once you flag, you should be out, no more attacking allowed. You can continue to gain dice but no more territory. If you are away, you should not gain dice while you are away, but be allowed to come back in and start gaining more dice.
Lindsay wrote
at 7:58 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
It's a valid strategy.
Lindsay wrote
at 8:03 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
..and this is coming from someone who's been tricked by it before. Was I mad? No, I thought "You clever bastard!" and made a mental note about it.
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 8:38 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
It really comes down to a question of what does it mean to "put up the white flag". I'm a traditionalist on this point. In war, a white flag is an unconditional surrender. If you don't really mean it, you don't put up the flag, you just keep fighting.
Brandon121 wrote
at 8:40 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
But if you lag like you said and then you are put away and the flag up, how will you feel being kicked out of the game? Esp, if it just started and you never got a chance to play.

MadWilly wrote
at 9:09 AM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
what part of:"Controls: Mouse click to attack adjacent territories (or select "Surrender" flag underneath your icon, which will end the game if everyone does the same)."
You guys don't understand?
Man go RTFM. it fits into a side bar yet people rather spam the forums than try to read and understand it.
Herr schmeiss Hirn vom Himmel.
super strut wrote
at 2:36 PM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
Fuzzycat and MadWilly with one - ONE! - and the same opinion... that´s not real, or?

Oh yes - it´s real! `cause this sucking question from Maelwys - there are really no rules, ethics and so on in this game.

The Surrender Flag has got only one technical function ( -->or select "Surrender" flag underneath your icon, which will end the game if everyone does the same) - that´s all! Nothing more!

If I flag I will say - the current place-setting is ok for me - if it´s the same for you, do it also! Nothing more!

If you will continue attacking or the other´s continue attacking is still ok.

Like MadWilly said:
Herr! Schmeiß Hirn vom Himmel!
God! Let´s rain more brain...
(or whatever you like to translate!)
super strut wrote
at 2:37 PM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
sorry mistake:

If you will continue attacking or the other´s continue attacking ... YOU ... is still ok.
super strut wrote
at 2:39 PM, Wednesday January 24, 2007 EST
Fuck!

Please join the Idea on the ideas-board to ask Ryan to make instant threads in the forum or to implement a history of the forum...
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary