Forum

Loss of points when you dont even have one turn
z3ddicus wrote
at 5:49 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
I think that it really does not make any sense to lose points if you are eliminated before your first turn. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it so how can it be a reflection of your skill or rating? I am not trying to complain, just posing a question.

Replies 1 - 8 of 8
no_Wolf wrote
at 6:29 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
Totally been over this. Things suck. If you're good, you can deal with said suckage. Said dealing raises one score. Said score thusly reflects how good one is, through one's dealings with suckage.
z3ddicus wrote
at 6:35 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
If you are eliminated before your 1st turn you have no chance to "deal with said suckage." That is my point.
JKD wrote
at 6:55 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
You should definitely add your vote and support in the recent ideas section. But you currently deal with it in the long run because it happens equally to everyone (aside from special cases of "diplomacy").
z3ddicus wrote
at 7:38 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
There is no way to say that it happens equally to everyone.
JKD wrote
at 7:53 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
Fairly, equally, whatever. The point was you should be able to handle a losing streak. Did you even check out the idea that has a similar title of this topic? It's currently #6.
z3dd wrote
at 11:42 PM, Sunday January 21, 2007 EST
You are missing the point of what I am saying. Also, where is this similar thread? I can find none.
moonshot wrote
at 12:03 AM, Monday January 22, 2007 EST
I don't think it would make sense to nullify point loss if you don't get a turn. First, I think it's relatively rare for this to happen. I'm sure it does happen, but unless you've really pissed off a bunch of people, I really doubt it would happen much.

But even if you put that aside, if you made that change, with some collusion / friendships people could game it to their advantage. Like folding after the ante in poker, people could look at their initial dice and ask the board to eliminate them before their turn. You might say "that would hardly ever happen", but the if the problem itself is rare, why introduce a new potential problem?

Finally, I really don't agree that this is a problem at all. If your initial layout is so bad (and you are late enough in the turn order) to be eliminated before your turn, then you could argue that someone who gets contiguous territories with big stacks shouldn't get points for winning. There is a good deal of randomness in this game, which might be frustrating when you're on the wrong end of it but over the longer term that same randomness helps you just as much.
RebelScum wrote
at 8:53 AM, Monday January 22, 2007 EST
What they're saying is that, in the long term, it doesn't matter, because after you play a few more games, you'll raise your score again.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary