Forum

Steaks of bad luck
Newton wrote
at 4:24 PM, Friday January 19, 2007 EST
Take a look at my graph: http://aplayr.com/user/Newton/

The reason I point to this is because I've decided that my luck in this game has decided to go away. I'm not a steller player by any measure, but how does one go from the 2000's to less then 1500 in less then a month? I guess it's a combination of big losses early in the game (losing 5v3 multiple times and sometimes 5v2), and bad placement. Anyways, I'm giving up on this avatar, I think it's cursed, and I guess the Physics of this game arn't suited for Issac Newton.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
JDizzle787 wrote
at 5:26 PM, Friday January 19, 2007 EST
This will be a bitch post, just a warning, and I'm doing it just because. I've noticed recently that the game seems to depend a lot on lucck. Almost too much. Maybe this was the way it was from the beginning, because I had good luck and the fact that I kept having it gave me confidence that I
JDizzle787 wrote
at 5:36 PM, Friday January 19, 2007 EST
Was good(lousy keyboard) anyway, I t seems though, after I have understood quite a few strategies and tactical tricks, I felt It had only a little to do with luck. I was wrong. Soon, I started playing games thinking I could do it if I had the right moves, which is a common misconception. But, it seems luck is going in wierd ways, like favoring those who have already dominated the board. I remember I was able to come out of 5 territories outnumbered to get first, and once even alone against alliances. I may just be putting the blame of my disappointment in the game on the luck and I probably sould wait to calm down and just play again, but, if newton's unfortunate luck streak (awful, I might add)is the result of a change in whatever the probabilities are for the game, then something sould be considered. I know it's mostly luck, but I've been seeing in the past a heightened amount of stacks with differences of three losing. I've heard of 6 losing to a 2, but that was a while ago. If there has been a change since last year, could someone say so? I'm sorry for complaining. I just might be happier to know for a fact if it's the probability equation thingy (I'm awful in math, so, please,just explain it in words, not numbers :) )
JohnGalt wrote
at 6:00 PM, Friday January 19, 2007 EST
Well it is certainly bad luck for the cow that died for it.
JKD wrote
at 7:56 PM, Friday January 19, 2007 EST
Ryan kept track of everyone who attacked him in the first month and rigged the coding against their IP address, so changing your account won't help unless you buy a new house.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary