Forum

A roadmap to 1v1 rated games.
aer wrote
at 4:50 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
I think most people would agree playing 1v1 would be quite fun and difficult with both sides finding ways to connect pieces and power shifting back and forth. Some concerns that come along with this idea are that people may use dummy accounts and may even use ip blockers to create accounts themselves. Well, to counter that here is my proposal.

PROPOSAL:
Have a system where you agree to enter into a 1v1 game against another player and the system automatically (and randomly of course) matches you with someone of the same calibur (rating). The people are chosen randomly by the software and are paired up, the game begins and winner gets a rating increase, loser gets a decrease. There are no truces.

Ideas/Comments?

I dare you to come up with something that challenges the logic of this idea. :)

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
aer wrote
at 4:52 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
Also: This will expand the community ten-fold. A competitive ladder ranking, OH MY!
MadWilly wrote
at 4:57 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
unrated 1vs1.
aer wrote
at 5:24 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
willy that might be fun too, with a record of Wins to Losses, something to keep track of it.
MadWilly wrote
at 5:52 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
game kees record of win/losses anyhow. i just dont want them to be elo rated then youg et rid of all those problems with 1vs1 facings.
StunnedFazer wrote
at 9:31 PM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
in 1v1, the person going first gets a huuuuuge advantage.

anyone who's tried it in dicewars knows what I mean
no_Wolf wrote
at 2:11 PM, Monday January 8, 2007 EST
Sorry air, you haven't changed the fact 1v1 is virtually entirely luck, starting with going first, and continuing from there.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary