Forum

Stupid question - Is kdice down on purpose?
gohstlee wrote
at 12:11 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
Looks like 8-dice hasn't been working for a couple of days. 16-dice (Sandbox) is working, but never seems to have enough players for even 1 game.

What gives? I've looked through the forum to try to find info, but I don't see any. Some folks claim to be playing, but it must be on the 16-dice game.

Replies 1 - 10 of 11 Next › Last »
Hilu wrote
at 12:26 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
It works.

Clear those cookies.
Ryan wrote
at 12:35 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
Its been up for a couple days.

Ctrl-F5
gohstlee wrote
at 1:26 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
Well, it's not as clear as all that. I don't want to delete all the cookies from the machine, but here's a few more clues. Looks like I might have the old "can't see the board, and can't sign on" issue that others have been reporting.

Clues:

1. 8-dice doesn't show a board, 16-dice does.
2. Fails the same way on home and work computers. Both have IE7.
3. Firefox works great (no issues whatsoever), IE doesn't.
4. Deleting every temp file (cookie or not) accessed by the kdice site while in IE doesn't make a darn bit of difference.

No idea... any chance it's the Flash plugin? But then, if that was it, the 16-dice version wouldn't work either....

Kinda stumped. I guess I can just use Firefox, but????
gohstlee wrote
at 1:28 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
Oh, and GPoker looks like it works fine too. Almost looks like the 8-dice version is having troubles accessing my profile? I'm just making wild guesses.
Lindsay wrote
at 9:05 AM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
And if you don't want to clear your cache, you'll continue to have that problem.
gohstlee wrote
at 12:23 PM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
I *have* cleared my cache (or temp files), but have not deleted every cookie on the box. However, I have sorted the list of cookies by every date that is displayed in the list, and have deleted every one that was ever accessed since yesterday.

So, you're telling me that there's a cookie on my machine, that isn't getting accessed, but which is continuing to cause my problem? I don't see how that's possible, but please enlighten me if you think I'm missing something here.

BTW, CTRL-F5 doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks, Gohstlee
Tech wrote
at 12:30 PM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
To be honest, refreshing has solved every problem I've had. It helps if other windows and/or tabs aren't doing things while I'm refreshing.
gohstlee wrote
at 1:57 PM, Friday January 5, 2007 EST
OK, I'm at work now, and I'm much more willing to delete all cookies here, because I do much less browsing from work (natch!). However, deleting all cookies didn't do a thing. Refreshing a dozen times didn't either.

I appreciate all the suggestions, but we haven't hit it, so far.

16-dice works fine, 8-dice w/Firefox works fine, 8-dice with IE7 still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Gohstlee
gohstlee wrote
at 7:26 PM, Saturday January 6, 2007 EST
An update: yesterday, even Firefox stopped working at home. This was after installing a Firefox downloaded update that required a Firefox restart. Clearing all cookies *did* fix that problem. However, IE7 still wasn't working.

This morning, after a reboot forced by an overnight power outage, IE7 mysteriously works again. I didn't change anything, and I had rebooted several times previously to try to fix it, with no luck. So, now all browsers work again, but I can't explain why in the case of IE7.

Odd.....
kersplatt wrote
at 11:31 AM, Sunday January 7, 2007 EST
I had that issue with iE covering the same time period you did. Refreshing didn't work, reopening it didn't work, clearing cookies didn't work, all the plugins were there... and then suddenly it came back. No clue what happened.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary