Forum

the change kdice needs
gasolina wrote
at 10:10 AM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
most of the problems of the game could be solved by giving the dice bonus at the end of a round only if you conquered a territory. half of the amount can be given if you attacked and didn't conquer.this will stop turtling totaly and will take care of away players not playing

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
gohstlee wrote
at 12:56 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
Heh, I think you totally need to rethink this, because you hvaen't thought deeply. What if you are reduced to territories that only have one die on them? And why penalize someone for trying to fight and losing? That would be *murder* in the early game, and would lead to very conservative strategy. Very conservative strategy = a really boring game.

Think again, then get back to us...
gasolina wrote
at 1:13 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
i'm back with an answer.
the change to the strategy would be great, how great i don't know, you could speculate a lot, but only in a sandbox testing could out find out. People who are reduced to one dice in each country are the people who turtle and turtle and do nothing. better lose more quickly and go to the next game. at least the game would be fun.
JKD wrote
at 2:15 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
If you reward only one strategy then people would only use one strategy and the game would just be about who gets a lucky break in the dice rolls?
Tech wrote
at 5:27 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
No.
Ryan wrote
at 5:52 PM, Tuesday January 2, 2007 EST
I think this would create a strategy of making a "dummy attack". An odd play like this would need to be avoided.

I'm glad you're thinking about these problems... they're hard to solve, keep the ideas comming... I'm sure theres an answer.
gasolina wrote
at 5:53 AM, Wednesday January 3, 2007 EST
ok. i guess that by dummy attacks you mean that people with 2 dice in one country would attack an 8 dice country because they wouldn't get a bonus. but they would never have a chance of winning. HOWEVER, since other threads in this forum are talking about a possible change to the attack method (1dice vs. 1 dice) this could make an attack of 2v8 possible with the attacker remaining with 2 and the defender with 7.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary