Forum

Have I discovered a new way to cheat by accident?
JDizzle787 wrote
at 9:21 AM, Tuesday December 26, 2006 EST
Ok, I was playing a simple 1500 table where I was not doing too well. For some reason, I attacked a territory that was equal in dice to mine, and won. But realizing my mistake (all I wanted was to build up), I held on my click. I won the territory. I did this, in experimentaion, for a few other turns trying to see isf holding your click while attacking is some sort of cheat. I won a few slightly-against-the-odds rolls, and I only lost one. I am wondering, have I discovered a new cheat, or am I an worried idiot with a crazy superstition?

P.S. I only tried it that one game, and I don't think I changed the out come too much. I only want a fair score. :)
P.P.S. I'm only asking a question. If I really am an "idiot", I don't need tweenty other people to tell me so in their own way. :)

Replies 1 - 9 of 9
MadWylli wrote
at 9:26 AM, Tuesday December 26, 2006 EST
so how many 0.something rolls did you actually win? we all seen 5-8 times winning losses of 8vs8 and a 6stack loosing to a 2. remember real randomess doesnt care for fairness or the like. human minds are to suspect such kinds of rows always as a glitch in statistic while in fact larg rows of equal numbers are pretty common in random numbers.
JDizzle787 wrote
at 9:40 AM, Tuesday December 26, 2006 EST
I'm trying to understand what you mean. But, to your first question, It was only a few rolls I won from, say, a 5 vs. 6 stack , a more often it was veen on even. Maybe (maybe not, can't remember) a roll like a 4 vs. 6. But, what it seems like you're saying is that i'ts a load of randomness, and I can't get any advantage through holding downn the button on my mouse during an attack?
Illu wrote
at 9:54 AM, Tuesday December 26, 2006 EST
Don't worry , it's just randomness.
JDizzle787 wrote
at 10:03 AM, Tuesday December 26, 2006 EST
thanks guys. I'll go play now. :)
JDizzle787 wrote
at 11:43 AM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
Holy shiz... Damn I was dumb and paranoid
rnd wrote
at 1:06 PM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
agreed.
Mikeypoo wrote
at 3:14 PM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
Yes lol. Thats okay JDizzle, its more than made up for by your many well reasoned and interesting posts that you have written since then in the fascinating archive. Thanks for giving us access Ryan.
Mikeypoo wrote
at 3:14 PM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
Yes lol. Thats okay JDizzle, its more than made up for by your many well reasoned and interesting posts that you have written since then in the fascinating archive. Thanks for giving us access Ryan.
Mikeypoo wrote
at 3:15 PM, Monday December 31, 2007 EST
Started playing last February and i am still doubleposting sigh... I am a dork
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary