Forum

Chat-free tables
qrs wrote
at 10:12 AM, Thursday December 21, 2006 EST
This is an idea which has already been proposed on the "idea" board, but it has sunk to the bottom by now. I don't know whether it's been brought up in the forum before.

Obviously, alliances are a big part of the game. But not everyone likes alliances that are explicitly negotiated through the chat. I know I don't.

A chat-free table could lead to subtler games. I think it would be a nice option to have. Naturally, many people will prefer the chat tables, but that doesn't mean that chat-free can't be an option as well.

Anyone agree?

Replies 1 - 10 of 12 Next › Last »
Measure wrote
at 12:44 PM, Thursday December 21, 2006 EST
This would only lead to people making alliances though IM
CNE wrote
at 1:12 PM, Thursday December 21, 2006 EST
I agree with Measure. If I'm going to get allied against, I want to see it transpire in chat, so I can react and or counter-ally.
Maniacmadmax wrote
at 2:14 PM, Thursday December 21, 2006 EST
I whole heartedly disagree.

I feel that diplomacy is part of the game.
Thats one of the aspects that I enjoy.

It seems every sort of play style wants their OWN Tables. Each table with a diffrent set of rules. I'm not for a half dozen tables that are the exact same except If Ryan lets Users create their own tables and set the rules for that particular game.
But as the system stands now I disagree.
Meatbomb wrote
at 8:50 PM, Thursday December 21, 2006 EST
As it is it is often difficult to get a 2000 game together, we don't need any further dispersal of players.

No, no, don't, bad, wrong.
qrs wrote
at 12:46 AM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
I wasn't asking if you weren't interested in the idea. I know many people won't be. But I don't see the big problem with making a table or two for the people who are interested in it.

Personally, I think it's paranoid to worry about IMs. People who would be IMing alliances could make agreements before the game, too. You can't stop that sort of thing. I don't have anyone's IM address here, though.

Meatbomb, OK, suppose it wasn't a 2000 table.

I didn't expect everyone to like the idea, but I don't see why, just because you personally like the chat, you folks are against anyone being able to play without it.

Different tables for different play styles? Well, what's wrong with that?
MadWilly wrote
at 4:27 AM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
learn to read dear qrs. meatbomb was obviously referring to the time you _already_ wait for a game to start. every idea that attracts some people will stop them from sitting down at other tables thus alot of unstartet games will be around an dspoil everybodies fast and dirty game fun.
qrs wrote
at 8:56 AM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
I know how to read. I assumed that people who specifically play only on 2000 tables to begin with would not generally switch to a lower-ranked table to play without chat.
Meatbomb wrote
at 11:05 AM, Saturday December 23, 2006 EST
There are chat free ganes here:
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html
Lindsay wrote
at 5:56 PM, Saturday December 23, 2006 EST
I'd like to be able to turn off cuss words in the chat, or be able to filter out certain people in the chat. I got my mom hooked on Dice Wars but I'm afraid to introduce her to kdice for fear of all the flying poop. I'd also like to be able to mute people who are just being annoying or heckling the gameplayers, or begging over and over for second place.
GooseOnTheLoose wrote
at 12:49 AM, Sunday December 24, 2006 EST
I love the permissive attitude towards cursing. Love, love, love it. It really makes the immature morons who can't think of anything better to say stand out.

Like me. :)
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary