Forum

IP address blocking anti-cheat feature
MonkeyB0y wrote
at 11:19 AM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Some co-workers and I find us randomly blocked when joining the same table with the table claiming we have the same ip address. This is interesting because we are not behind a NAT box and have unique IP addresses to the outside internet.

The only thing I can think of is we have to go through the same web proxy to access the web.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
Rven wrote
at 11:21 AM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
Heh, I didnt know there was an anti-cheat feature. Nice work Ryan :)

Ow, and, I'm sorry about the problem Monkeyboy, hope someone can help you figure it out..
Tech wrote
at 11:25 AM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
I bet it's just your boss, trying to get you guys back to work.
MadWilli wrote
at 12:18 PM, Tuesday December 19, 2006 EST
how about you guys try using anon-proxies?
Lindsay wrote
at 11:36 PM, Wednesday December 20, 2006 EST
I think the no-same-IP anti-cheat thing is kind of unnecessary. If the same person plays two characters, isn't that just the same as someone in New Zealand colluding with someone in Nigeria over IM during the game? I'm just bugging because I can't play against my brother while home for the holidays. :( If someone's going to collude, there's nothing you can really do about it. It's just a different strategy to deal with. Where can I get a proxy thing?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary