Forum

Advice for Tourneys against Proxies
PanzerRed wrote
at 8:25 PM, Thursday December 5, 2019 EST
Post advice here for how to beat the proxies in tourneys:

My biggest suggestion is that you should tell both tables multiple times who the proxies are. So many times there have been tourneys where people didn't realize there were proxies. Sometimes, they even flag a proxy and later type, "Green, why are you attacking me? I flagged," etc.

First round: after the proxies are defeated, everyone should roll.

2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, 5th round, etc.: the person with the highest points should get lowest, lowest get highest, etc.
If that doesn't work, because there are many real players on a table and somebody has to get knocked out of the tourney, then the 2 or 3 vulnerable players should roll.

Always try to knock out proxies. So if it's 2 people vs. 2 proxies and 1 proxy has 100 points and the other 167, kill the 100 guy first, because that will mean he's out of the tourney and there will be fewer proxies to worry about (do this even if the proxy with more points has 600 points or something).

The person controlling the proxies understands the above strategy and he'll often make bad moves with the 167 proxy in order to protect the 100 proxy even if it hurts the 167 proxy. And sometimes, he'll even flag out with the 167 proxy and give you the win early just to make sure that 100 proxy advances to the next round.

If the proxies have way more lands than you, and you know you're going to lose, then focus on one proxy and try to kill him. For example: if there are 2 proxies against you, and you kill one and get 2nd, then you'll still be in. I guess that's kind of obvious.

Even if you're the only real player on your table and it's hopeless, focus on a proxy with low points and try to kill him. It may not save you, but it will help the people on the other table if there's another table.

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
trism wrote
at 4:44 AM, Monday December 9, 2019 EST
Also, protect your weak allies, and if you are a weak ally, don't stick your neck out by attacking too much. The proxies will work together and attack over each other in order to take out humans. That way they lose less tourney points when they are eliminated, and may eliminate the humans instead. Play defensively when weak.
John Milton wrote
at 7:57 AM, Monday December 9, 2019 EST
Edit: There is (usually one) human behind the proxies. We are not talking about machines ore alike, just about some sad mislead persons that might need help outside of this game.
trism wrote
at 11:54 AM, Monday December 9, 2019 EST
Dehumanizing rhetoric is common in times of war ;)

However, this also reminds me of another consideration. If both tables of real players in a tourney play as fast as possible, this can cause the poor overworked fellow to miss turns.
barry gateaux wrote
at 6:24 PM, Tuesday December 10, 2019 EST
none of this works because he only needs one table where he has the remining 2 players and then he can auto end turn for hours until people leave.
PanzerRed wrote
at 11:43 PM, Tuesday December 10, 2019 EST
We have won against the proxies before. It's not impossible.

And I agree with trism about playing fast so the proxy man lags out when he's busy trying to play on 2 or more tables.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary