Forum

Finish 3rd == +0 (zero) points?
AstroPHX wrote
at 11:42 AM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
(I have no idea if this has been discussed elsewhere, as I can't figure out how to search the forums. Sorry in advance if it has.)

The last two games I played, I finished in the top 3, and received zero points in both games, while the 4th position received a bump. My current score is > 1600. Does the total score determine how many points you'll receive in finishing? Where are those rules defined?

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
JDizzle787 wrote
at 12:17 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
Well, it does depend on what rank your competitors are at. If you played against say, in your case, several low 1500 raks, then you may not receive points when they, since plaing agianst equal levels, will get some. I think that's what matters, although I'm not clear on how scoring is weighed, and I haven't needed to worry.
AstroPHX wrote
at 12:32 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
After posting, I saw the note on the 'News' page that the scoring is based on ELO (the chess/go scoring methodology, not the band). The next question is ELO is based on 2-player games, not multi player.

I'd like to see more internals on the scoring.
ufuckingsuck! wrote
at 12:38 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
omfg morons atw fucking A
Öcher Jongs wrote
at 1:45 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
If you play this game you find on the left bar the "help" with a small link called "more..." - there you will find everything you want.
AstroPHX wrote
at 1:52 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
Jongs: That location is exactly why I made this post. There's nothing on that site about the final scoring functionality.

uSuck: Thanks so much for the insightful commentary. You made the scoring very easy to understand. I look forward to your future responses.
fuzzycat wrote
at 2:10 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
scoring system is subject to possible change in the near future.
banjhakri wrote
at 7:52 PM, Thursday January 25, 2007 EST
how do I see other pages on the forum besides the first one? I still want to know if there were any results to the 45 points I was robbed of.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary