Forum

Explain some things please.
DJ-Anakin wrote
at 5:50 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
Ryan, can you explain somewhere some of the point values and how they're done?

Maybe include them on the wiki?

How does it determine how many dice you get when you end turn? Do you get the same when you're away? I know it's supposed to be based on how many tiles you have connected, but it's always different.

Are the numbers truly random? I've heard people complain that they think it's rigged based on nicknames. *I* do no believe that.

Where it shows your dice below your name, sometimes there is a "+". What does this mean? ie. 98+5.

Why does the map change size? I think it's when it's your turn, but not sure.

Why does my player info change size? I can't figure out what causes that either.

Thanks. I'm totally addicted to this game now. Got my brother and a co-worker addicted too! :D

Replies 1 - 2 of 2
MarkG wrote
at 7:28 PM, Thursday January 11, 2007 EST
I think I can help out a bit here.

Note that these are based on my understanding of DiceWars. If I get anything wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected. :)

When you end your turn, the number of dice you get is equal to the number of territories in the largest connected set of territories you occupy. So, if at the end of your turn you have a group of five territories, a group of three territories and a group of two territories, you get five dice.

The dice you get are distributed among all your territories. I'm not sure if this is random - it sometimes looks as if it's weighted towards territories with strong enemy neighbours. (Maybe I'm just a conspiricy theorist).

Each territory has a maximum of eight dice. If you win dice that can't be placed on territories (because they're all full), you keep these as reserves. These reserves are shown after the '+' sign. Later in the game, if you end your turn and you don't have eight dice on each territory, these reserves get used.

The map changes size on your turn because the button to finish your turn would cover it. If you don't like this try to be either the first two (left side) or last two (right side) players added.
DJ-Anakin wrote
at 5:06 PM, Friday January 12, 2007 EST
Excellent! Thanks for the help.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary