Forum

Why is everyone so obsessed with ratings?
badasstard wrote
at 1:10 AM, Monday January 8, 2007 EST
I think this is a great game, a lot of fun. But the obsession with ratings seems to make many people play for 2nd or 3rd from the beginning. As the game goes on, there's this constant whining in the chat box of people jockeying for place. And people getting pissed when they don't place in the position that they think they "deserved" to place. This whining and sense of entitlement has only gotten worse as I've started to play on the higher ranked tables in the last couple days, and is taking away from some of the fun. People call for flags really early when there's 4-5 players left and the game is still in some doubt. Come on people -- play it out and see what happens. I pretty much never flag, unless we're down to two players and you have a 3:1 advantage.

IMHO, if you don't play for first and take first, then you don't deserve anything. I don't break in-game alliances or truces. And I don't go out of my way to piss people off, but if you're in my way, attacking me, or it's otherwise strategic on the map...I'm taking you out next, regardless of whether someone else "deserved" to be eliminated before you.

I guess that's why I have a high 1st place % and very low 2nd place %. I suppose my rating my be higher if I worried more about placing 2nd or 3rd. But where's the fun in that? This is a game of world domination after all. Winner take all.

"Oh, it's [Kdice]. It's a game of world domination being played by two guys who can barely run their own lives."

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
TheGrid wrote
at 1:58 AM, Monday January 8, 2007 EST
101% accordance!
StunnedFazer wrote
at 2:51 AM, Monday January 8, 2007 EST
Recently, I truced & was then stuck in a corner for the rest of the game. I took second and yes, the person who got 3rd place complained about it.

Did I deserve 2nd? No, because I didn't do anything OR Yes, because I made a smart truce.

I don't like whiners either, but I understand where the feeling comes from. I've had many games where I wanted to say "this is such bullshit."

In my not so humble opinion, playing for 2nd or 3rd place is a perfectly legitimate strategy. I'm a former member of the 2100 club and I did it without badasstard's amazing 26% 1st place wins.
Ryan wrote
at 4:28 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
memories
XicaDaSilva wrote
at 4:57 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
I've seen a game were 6 players flagged! everybody was still alive.
Improv42 wrote
at 6:38 PM, Sunday February 18, 2007 EST
Agreed completely to the OP.

People treat points like you can redeem them for blowjobs or something. Relax, folks.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary