Forum

My Points, They Have Disappeared
Wickensworth wrote
at 1:01 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
I twice experienced the glitch wherein you win but aren't accredited points, which unleashed the songbird of sadness in me. I was left with 20xx pts.

The next time I logged on, something truly magical happened. In addition to losing out on those points for two wins, for some reason I only had 18xx points. My heart was rent into a menagerie of lamenting circus animals. Instead of the 21xx—22xx I should have had, I was left trading dice with the menial jerkoffs on the 1800 tables. And now I weep the tears of three broken hearts.

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
Anarchist wrote
at 1:14 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
Well calling the people on the 1800 tables "menial jerkoffs" isn't exactly a great way to endeavor sympathy. None the less I don't think there is a bug when you don't get accredited.

Granted a few days ago I would have given a different answer as I often saw my points drop for no apparent reason either.

The problem with me at least was that I was sitting at a table waiting for players, when none showed up I clicked the "change table" button. This however doesn't remove you from that table. You're still sitting there and when you go and play on another table your other guy is sitting on that original table "away" and losing you points. To get around this you of course just have to click "sit out" before table hopping.

Maybe this isn't what happened to you but it happened to me and I guess a lot of players fall foul to this. Still I've played tons of games and I'm now almost 100% certain theres no accreditation bug.
Wickensworth wrote
at 1:25 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
No yeah, there's a bug. I know how to change a table, but in any case, the two hundred point loss I experienced couldn't have been accounted for if I failed to click "sit out."

That glitch appears unrelated to the one where I wasn't accredited for my wins. I've run into other people who experienced this. I'm glad you're 100% certain that there is no bug, but there is, damn it.
qrs wrote
at 1:41 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
I don't think "menial" is the word you were looking for. "Mediocre", maybe?
StunnedFazer wrote
at 1:56 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
Is a mediocre jerkoff better than a menial one?
Wickensworth wrote
at 1:59 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
No yeah, I meant menial, in the adjectival sense meaning “submissive,� connoting a state of servitude, paired with jerkoffs (n, slang: vulgar) to evoke a sense of large-scale bumbling.
StunnedFazer wrote
at 2:48 PM, Friday December 22, 2006 EST
Your original post was like poetry, I do not understand why anyone felt compelled to critique it.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary