Forum

Clans
Maniacmadmax wrote
at 5:22 PM, Sunday December 17, 2006 EST
Someone Brought about the Idea of clans today.

I don't like the idea. I feel it might take away part of the spirit of the game. I just want to hear everyones Idea about if someone started a clan how would you feel about it and why? Please use correct punctuation, grammar, and in essay format please. You will be graded.

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
dice_horst wrote
at 5:45 PM, Sunday December 17, 2006 EST
me think no good idea clans bad... bad bad

oh, about that grammar thing... so what... punish me! =)
sarah. wrote
at 10:12 PM, Sunday December 17, 2006 EST
of course not. everyone knows pre-game alliances are frowned upon.

PS if i were you, i wouldn't be talking about grammar. ;)
joby.d wrote
at 1:37 AM, Monday December 18, 2006 EST
I don't see the harm except that everyone else would have to see their babbling.
sabhofer wrote
at 7:03 AM, Monday December 18, 2006 EST
I do not like the idea of clans for this game. For the same reason I've proposed the idea with anonymous tables w/o chat:

http://aplayr.com/kdice/kdice/ideas/there%20should%20be%20tables%20for%20anonymous%20playing%2C%20and%20without%20a%20chat.%20this%20would%20keep%20out%20all%20long-term%20sympathies%20and%20make%20the%20games%20more%20dynamic%20%28less%20bantering%29.%20maybe%20even%20keep%20a%20seperate%20ranking%20for%20it./

Even as it currently is, I do not sit down to play on tables when there are a couple of people with the same "flags" - even if it matches my own. It takes away the fun of the game, as the main gmae one is playing is not kdice anymore, but the meta-game of how to build a strong clan among the players. While the latter does have it's own attraction, quite frankly I do not have the time to spend here, that is necessary to build that kind of thing. I like a quick game in breaks from work, I like the ("logic") puzzle aspect of kdice.

If I wanted politics and the whole baggage that comes with clans, quite frankly I'd choose that to invest that in something in real-life.

my 2 cents
sabhofer wrote
at 7:04 AM, Monday December 18, 2006 EST
Wow, I am sorry, I didn't realize the link to the idea was so long, if somebody with superpowers would be so kind as to remove the link from my above post. Thanks. :)
Pegasus wrote
at 9:39 AM, Monday December 18, 2006 EST
Agree. Clans would wreck kdice. I half suspect they are inevitable and I will try not to be too disappointed when it happens and I stop playing.

Now there might be something to be said for a kind of team kdice, say 3 teams, 3 powers per team, can't attack teammates, or something, so that clanheads could go there and do that. But I guess the mechanics are not suited to much bigger boards.

KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary