Forum

Glitches ruin the game.
PowerSlug wrote
at 6:32 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
I was in a game where I had a dominant position only to to be blocked out for 5 mins, come back and find that 1 or 2 players didn't lag out and now were in control.

I refreshed the screen at least 20 times over those 5 mins and the board would not show, although I could still hear the sounds going on.

One other players in the game reported the same events.

Took me about 5 good games to build up my points to nearly 2000, only to have them taken away by a glitch.

Truly unfair those those who suffered from the glitch.

What can be done?

Replies 1 - 10 of 18 Next › Last »
PowerSlug wrote
at 6:35 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
Please no one respond with "you win some you lose some" type of thinking. (i.e. It all balances out)

That is not an acceptable answer.
tajmtoedaj wrote
at 7:03 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
same here powerslug, I was about to make the move that could lead me to victory... and normaly would have. Lag started and when I was back I was lost and with that I lost a 100 points bringing me under 1700. If this game can't be inproved against lag, it's better not online if you ask me.
Rven wrote
at 7:32 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
I always try to test the lag first.
Typing some messages, sitting in/out/leave seat
If its lagging to bad, I 'll prolly just wait a while.

Mm, Ryan, how are your servers holding out. There's been alot of lag lately.. (lots of new players I think)
jaguru wrote
at 8:56 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
You are so right, I've lost 8 or 9 games today on server lag. I starts out fine and than I can no longer attack. Ryan, you're a fine programmer, but you lack in execution.
Seth wrote
at 9:07 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
You have to remember that kdice is still a beta application. When gpokr started up, there were the same problems, but it's now much better.

Just consider your loss of points (all of our losses actually, since you're not at all alone on this one) your sacrifice/contribution to a better kdice in the future. Ryan's made great improvements already, but he's only one guy. It takes a little bit to reach perfection.
Ryan wrote
at 9:09 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
I narrowed the lag issue down to database spikes coming from the news pages.

I've disabled these pages for now. we'll see how it goes.
ROFL wrote
at 10:04 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
It has done absolutely nothing. Lags are even worse than yesterday.. Not funny anymore.
Lindsay wrote
at 10:16 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
It really is not that bad for me or most others, but I know ROFL was experiencing a lot of problems with it. I have cleared my cache (delete cookies and shit) and that has helped before. Also it helps me sometimes to just refresh, or exit and come back,or even logout exit and come back. Sometimes I have to try several times to come back. I wonder does this hurt the game for me to do this? What is the best option when lagging, anyone? I use IE, btw.
Ryan wrote
at 10:32 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
I've definitely pin pointed the issue.
Hart wrote
at 11:58 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
So I was just in a game where I couldnt move...I could sit in and message so I tried refreshing. That put me in the same game on a different map. So I opened a new tab and refreshed again and got another map. I think I was seeing things that had happened a while ago, but I could not figure out what the heck was happening....any ideas?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary