Forum

Scoring System
unknown5523981 wrote
at 10:44 AM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
How does my score go down while I'm not playing?! I left one day at 1725 and came back to 1550. After getting my score back up to 1705, I joined a 1700 game. I got 3rd or 4th in the game and lost 47 points. 1705-47 is 1658, not 1520. Then I come back today and I dropped from 1520 to 1505. Please someone explain this to me or fix me back to 1658!

Replies 1 - 3 of 3
Rven wrote
at 11:01 AM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
You moght want to read up upon the ELO-scoring system. (In an other thred somewhere).

And I'm not sure how you can lose points while not playing.
But I've seen lots of people, who sit in at a table, and after a while, when they get tired of waiting for other players, they just off their browser.
That doesnt work, you have to stand up from the table, else you'll still be playing in that game when it does start.
Rven wrote
at 11:04 AM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
Let me try that again :) (we need an edit button):

You might want to read up on the ELO-scoring system. (In an other thread somewhere).

And I'm not sure how you can lose points while not playing.
But I've seen lots of people, who sit in at a table, and after a while, when they get tired of waiting for other players, they just click off their browser.
That doesnt work, you have to stand up from the table, else you'll still be playing in that game when it does start (and prolly lose points).
unknown5523981 wrote
at 2:18 PM, Saturday December 16, 2006 EST
The makes sense! Thanks!
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary