Forum

July Challenges and Competition (Replies Wanted)
Pursey wrote
at 12:52 AM, Sunday June 18, 2017 EDT
Hello all,

I'll be creating some special challenges and competition for July 2017. Some things given out will include a Special Badge, a few memberships and some other secret goodies. I'll also be having created 2 special tournaments that isn't part of the normal cycle where in addition to the respective buy-ins of just 100, and one for the Top players and have a buy-in of 5,000 they'll award Membership Prizes, and a Special Badge and have a substantial points added prizepool

What challenges would you like to see for July? Previously we've given them for 1st place, most kills, most tournament wins, highest average points per game and the like. I'll announce the exact schedule in about a week based on your suggestions

I can also be contacted via [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Pursey (Michael)
kdice rules advisor

Replies 1 - 1 of 1
Louis Cypher wrote
at 3:02 AM, Tuesday June 27, 2017 EDT
Hi there,

my concern wouldd go into the direction of rewarding occasional players. Most of the named rewards can only be gained by high numbers of games. For PPG you'd need to play some tourneys first and score there and then win a 2k/5k and rest the case. But tourneys cannot be won by players that can't spend an hour or 90 minutes playing without a break.

So, to create new addicts or keep the ones that only drop by now and then you need to reward those.

Ideas not fully developped might include the level of the player, the number of games, the played tables (0, 100, ...) if that's possible to come up with some index. Of course you can abuse that with alts - but then, which system cannot be abused.

K-Improvement-Index = Level * Points / Games excluding points and games from tourneys.

Just a thought.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary