Forum

Luck on leaderboard
viana wrote
at 4:16 PM, Friday January 13, 2017 EST
I was looking at leaderboard and saw SalinhoOo as the unluckiest this mounth with 42.3% luck. Found it strange since he is first and even has the most number of wins this mounth.
Found it even stranger after browsing his profile that his worst day this mounth has over 48% luck.
I went on to check the other unlucky players and the same thing happens there.
My question is: How is the overall luck of the mounth calculated? How can a player during 13 days always average the luck over 48% and show up as 42%?

Replies 1 - 9 of 9
TheREaL wrote
at 10:32 AM, Saturday January 14, 2017 EST
Prob simple average calculation, which is affected by the extreme values.
Pat Whalen wrote
at 10:07 AM, Monday January 16, 2017 EST
None of the luck calculations are accurate. Never have been.
Pat Whalen wrote
at 10:17 AM, Monday January 16, 2017 EST
The real question is how the fuck has he played over 500 games in half a month.
montecarlo wrote
at 11:21 PM, Monday January 16, 2017 EST
"Pat Whalen wrote"

???

!!!
Louis Cypher wrote
at 5:58 AM, Tuesday January 17, 2017 EST
Monthly luck stats are just bullshit. The more games you play the lower you get. If you look at anybody from the top you can see the monthly luck being lower than any single day. Thus it is not a simple average.

There might be an inday influence as well, but having a life I don't play so much a single day to check it.

There are two possible reasons. The formula to compute monthly luck might be wrong or the implementation is bugged.
Pat Whalen wrote
at 9:47 AM, Tuesday January 17, 2017 EST
Haha, sup Monte?
Thraxle wrote
at 9:38 PM, Tuesday January 17, 2017 EST
Holy fuck, it's Pat Whalen.
Pat Whalen wrote
at 4:29 PM, Wednesday January 18, 2017 EST
It is
Louis Cypher wrote
at 1:53 AM, Friday January 20, 2017 EST
Just to make sure, as a non-American I don't have to get the fuzz about Pat Whalen, do I? If I was missing something of more importance, like e.g. making Donald Duck the president, some information would be welcome.

Other than that and looking at the bumped threat - I miss r0n, his style of playing and his comments.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary