Forum

Grunvagr - a moderator
mozzer wrote
at 12:30 AM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
Dan is Short: FUCK YOU YOU GOD DAMN NIGGER!
Dan is Short has left

response Grunvagr :
12:17 AM, zondag mei 18, 2008 CDT
Grunvagr

" Everyone is allowed an outburst or ten. People will throw worse things at you in life. Grow a thicker skin.

I do not tolerate crap, but I dont moderate a mere slap.

That rhymed. I rock. "

response mozzer :
i wasn't the object of hate, Grunvagr -
and if you want to tolerate racism you just should do

Replies 1 - 10 of 75 Next › Last »
Grunvagr wrote
at 12:40 AM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
I will not mute or silence a player, or take any action whatsoever based on the fact that someone posts something offensive.

First off, I have no proof this was said in an actual game. I believe you, but just accept that as a fact, it IS an accusation, technically.

And secondly, are you serious?? What am I supposed to do, mute everyone that temporarily upsets you?

Is this something that will be grinding your gears an hour from now? four hours from now? I really hope not. So why should I strip someones playing or chatting rights for an hour or more?

You can expect me to take action if something is indeed offensive and harassing of another player, but single instances or infractions like this... you really cant expect me to police.

Because if so, I'd take a rough guess that something along these lines is being sad, jokingly or not at probably 33% of tables. Shall I go mute 10% of the player base?

I know this wasn't "nice". Lots of things in life arnt nice. But this is not flagrant or extremely out of bounds.

It is crass. Sorry, but... cope.
mozzer wrote
at 5:39 AM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
as i said before : if you want to tolerate racism, you should just do that, Grunvagr
mozzer wrote
at 5:41 AM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
another one for you, someone using Hitler as an avatar - lovely conversations as well

i guess this isn't your problem as well

beelzebuth: try to beat hitler in real world
beelzebuth: not here
mozzer: you don't know what you're talking about
beelzebuth: germans are nazis
mozzer: grow up
mozzer: child
beelzebuth: haha
beelzebuth: one icon and i am child
mozzer: pathetic
beelzebuth: dieses solarium ist sehr heiss
mozzer: i'm not german - ignorant idiot
beelzebuth: what then
beelzebuth: jew?
beelzebuth: jews are even more cruel
beelzebuth: go israel and kill arabs

you'd better watch some television, instead playing mod, Grunvagr
Adonia wrote
at 6:36 AM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
An ignorant-idiot? hm repetitive much?
Grunvagr wrote
at 12:02 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
I am well informed on world history and current events. That is not the point.

The point is that moderating should not be used EVEN for instances such as these. And if I am wrong, then Ryan.. feel free to strip me of moderator priviledges.

This doesn't mean I tolerate racism, it means I understand this is an online community and people are emotional, irrational creatures. You lose a game, you say FUCK. It happens.

It's when it happens repeatedly and you ask them to stop and it doesnt.. that's when actions can and should be taken.
clarkebar wrote
at 3:09 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
"...it means I understand this is an online community and people are emotional, irrational creatures. You lose a game, you say FUCK. It happens."

Does not equal....

"Dan is Short: FUCK YOU YOU GOD DAMN NIGGER!
Dan is Short has left"

Understandably nothing was done because it didn't happen in a game with Grunvagr (problem with moderators #1) but allowing FUCK YOU YOU GOD DAMN NIGGER to pass as a completely acceptable emotional post-loss outburst is just wrong (problem #2). Then to have a moderator reply to a thread like this in the way that Grunvagr did, completely shows the disconnect of understanding between the players of kdice and Ryan and the 3 or so moderators (problem #3).

Again I must ask, what is the magic number of times that someone must say something offensive for it to be considered inappropriate. I have asked this before and haven't received an answer. I just want to be able to tell Kehoe how many more time he can call me a stupid fag before he gets in trouble.

Sincerely,
Clarke!
lovekdicetodeath wrote
at 4:12 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
you dont even give someone a warning for being a racist?????

if the mods have no access to historic chat, how do moderate? that means i can be as abusive as i want in the chat without getting any penality........IS THIS THE MODERATING SYSTEM WE HAVE HERE?

if so, we dont need you moderators since you guys cant do anything.

as i said, the death of kdice is near...........
Grunvagr wrote
at 4:16 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
The reason it was allowed ***by ME*** was that it was followed immediately by "has left the table."

Name calling isn't cool, but neither is excessive moderating.
lovekdicetodeath wrote
at 5:00 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
Mod rule #1: preventing racism is excessive
sunvic wrote
at 5:33 PM, Sunday May 18, 2008 EDT
Grun is completely correct, and i respect everything he has said about his moderating. someone with this level of intelligent thought on kdice is amazing to be quite frank.

Grun is clearly thinking deeper into this, everyone needs to stop being more shallow, it's not hard, there are still no rules, barely even guidelines, in my opinion there can't be such thing as racism on this game ( i say this loosely as i can think of a several possibilities already, if you really care ask me to explain ) but a
A WORD IS A WORD, deal with it, think about it, if you are having this said to you, you are probably already ''better'' than this other person, take satisfaction from that.

If someone called me a ''GOD DAMN NIGGER'', one i'd think, i don't believe in god, so he must be wrong. two i'd probably be more upset if they suggested i was ignorant about kdice and everything else or most of all if someone patronised me.

at the end of the day, if you don't get upset by name calling, how can you find it offensive, rise above it and you will actually not care and feel better for it.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary