Forum

the official history of kdice monthly 1st places
montecarlo wrote
at 5:22 PM, Monday December 3, 2007 EST
note that there is natural bias in most of these. i praise those that i respect, i bash those that i resent.

MARCH: Grunvagr. from what ive heard from everyone who played that long ago (including my own experience with the beast), Grunvagr won this the hard way. no pgas, no cheating, just lots of games, and good strategy.

APRIL: rnd. this was towards the beginning of the cabal days, before it was completely formed (read: no AIM yet). rnd had 3 accounts in the top 25, performed favors with the lesser two, and had the favors returned to his primary. little known fact: rnd's original account was rndaxs, as far as i know.

MAY: X LUCK X. the cabal came into full swing by early may, with the instant messaging and all. rnd seemed to be running away with 1st, when a group decided that cheaters should not win. to beat the cheaters, the good players copied the cheaters, and formed their own instant-messaging cabal. its debatable who headed up this cabal. leekstep and Mikeypoo were strong members, and games were thrown X LUCK X's way. the person who claims the most insistently to have orchestrated the group is none other than CoMik, who was aggrevated that his old buddy rnd was about to run away with another easy 1st for the month. since this month, rnd and comik have never been on good terms.

JUNE: integral. the two caballing groups started to appreciate each other and mesh together, with everyone having a good time. X LUCK X pulled out ahead and solidified 1st. montecarlo (i love talking about myself in the third person) solidified 2nd. with one day left, a massive instant messaging chat was called together, and it was decided that, just for the hell of it, the whole group of both cabals (who now referred to themselves as green square, pink square, and black trapezoid) would flagfest integral to 1st place in less than 24 hours. X LUCK X was fine with conceding his 1st, and montecarlo was fine with conceding his 2nd. integral shot up and captured 1st, leekstep captured it all on video, and the hilarity (or tragedy) may now be viewed on youtube.

JULY: WayneRooney. well, after the youtube video went up, the cabals came crashing down. well.. more like the original cabal came crashing down, since leekstep reported it in a fashion that only targeted the original crew. around this time, a new method for easier 1sts was discovered: proxy cheating. with leeksteps guidance and help, waynerooney was able to proxy his way to 1st place for july.

AUGUST: Mikeypoo. after an exhausting month of attacking and defending in the forums, most of the old cabal wanted to take some time off. which left the door wide open for anyone to get 1st. since Mikeypoo was 1) extremely popular, 2) played 1000 games per month, and 3) an average strategist, he easily won this month.

SEPTEMBER: rnd. Vohaul and Zosod were heatedly competing in this month. rnd noticed this feud and helped convince Vohaul that Zosod was specifically trying to beat Vohaul, so Vohaul decided to get back at Zosod by helping rnd take 1st overall.

OCTOBER: Zosod. dasfury and MadHat_Sam fought back and forth for 1st and 2nd in october until the first 5k games were played. Zosod pwnd anyone and everyone on the 5k games, and dasfury and MadHat_Sam settled for second and third, but not in that order.

NOVEMBER: dasfury. the bitch of the old cabal learned his lesson from october, and won the only 5k game of november. he coasted to an easy 1st for the month after that.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 64 Next › Last »
Thraxle wrote
at 11:35 AM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
Thank you monte.
manbearpig wrote
at 12:43 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
Kdice didn't cease to exist come November 2007.

Good record keeping though.
Mikeypoo wrote
at 3:31 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT

Monte Correction August 07:
(I also understand that I am biased in my recollections)

You weren't playing in August you have no idea what you are talking about.

"3)an average strategist, he easily won this month.
2) mikey played 1000 games"

Monte are you the king of talking out of your ass? I used a specific dual ELO protection/Table Image strategy. I was so specific I consulted Ryan that month about what was allowed within the ELO/OTF framework. Obviously I wanted to turn my popularity into a win. I asked Ryan If I could use one account (bahaduras over 200 games) to "not wreck people" in exchange for good feelings towards my main account Mikeypoo (183 games).

Ryan told me that that was okay, he called that buffeting my "Table Image" to help my main account. So I used Bahaduras to not wreck players and curry favor. I used my main account Mikeypoo aggressively and wrecked even my friends over and over again. Which is one reason Mikeypoo won the month with 183 games not 1000 you ass talker.

Montecarlo clearly has no idea what he is talking about. He did not play a single game during the months of July, August, September according to his stats.

The month was extraordinarily competitive. With the cabal in hiding, the anticabal collapsed onto each other and it was a deep rich bloody battle until the last minute. There were battles that were incredible.

Without the cabal the anticabal broke into pieces. And the last week the top ten: Including Big Jumblies, Shamos, Murti, RND and diceygirl all bloodied each other up. The month was not decided until the last moments of the month.

I have immense feeling of guilt because I, in order to win the month, played my friends in the top ten off of each other strategically so that they would damage each other and not me. Shamos figured it out and bloodied me good at the end -- I deserved it.

I pitted dicey and shamos against Jumblies and RND. I personally went to war to wreck Murti who was a close second and playing literally 24 hours a day. (ya thats right he focused on one account mostly!) Murti who has been a dedicated friend whenever i have played. I am sorry for wrecking you.

I regret winning first because my friendships have never recovered: Shamos and I grew apart, same with all the other players. I steered them towards and against each other --- often using vohaul --- who i owe a debt of gratitude -- to divide them.

We didn't have points or point whores back then we had ELO. ELO promoted OTF and PGA and violent coalitions. Ryan was right to change it and because of that I don't lose friends on kdice anymore. And you don't have to use good strategy like i did then ;) Now you can win on merit and good skill -- some of the time....

Not only was it a competitive month It was exciting: "Mikey won easily," Monte do you bother to check everything you post? It was not decided til the very end. I pulled ahead of Murti and Jumblies and got into first the last couple of days, but then they pulled ahead violently near the end.

The AMAZING finale --- I had to go to the hospital for an emergency operation the last day of the month.

I was in surgery. I dropped back from first place. After i woke up in recovery a few hours left in the month. I saw SINTH AIMing me desperately; "MIKE your elo is so high you just have to sit some games, even if you get 7th, if you just sit 4 games, you will get first from jumblies and Murti" ( paraphrase) I looked at my laptop(my body and mind numb from painkillers) trying to decide whether i could log in or not my --- fingers unable to click my login info. (My family aghast that I would care about an internet game instead of sleeping and recovering for a few days.)

My G-friend offered to log me in and sit me. But Sinth seemed like a honorable guy to log me in and sit so i gave him my 411. He was working with Ryan on the new point system so i thought it would be a legal move.

I was so drugged up that i don't remember that well but I believe at the very last minute i gave sinth the go ahead to sit me (with elo i could lose every game and still pull ahead of jumblies)He sat me and played. He was very gracious.

Jumblies should have won that month. I think Jumblies could have played more games those last few hours and pulled farther ahead, but didn't out of sympathy for my medical condition.

In fact I think Big Jumblies should have won. Ryan can I give Big Jumblies my gold medal? TALK ABOUT KDRAMA. Clearly Monte I did not win easily.....

What I regret is that I cared so much about a golden png and being first all time (was 3rd all time after August) that I sacrificed my RL friends and my Kdice friends. That is why I have not gone for first ever again or even played a lot of games. I have played two months in kdice of the last eleven. I feel sorry for those of you still stuck in those rat races at the expense of others.

I am sorry, ShamosM, Big Jumblies, Diceygirl and Murti, Clomax, Joselito, clomax and wayne Rooney, Zack Thomas, and others who fell on the wrong side of my strategy.

Clearly it worked well, but my buddies are more important to me than an internet dice game.

Also thanks to CoMik, XCrobin, and Stacy who threw support to me in odd ways...
They were very appreciated.

Incidentally Monte, I was the first player to have two top 20 medals in one month for both Mikeypoo and Bahaduras ;p

That was a staged number, Rnd won first and 25th in April of 2007, I should have said top 25.....;p....

AND monte I was just kidding when I said you talked out of your ass. You are the all time leader and deserve the accolades you have received.
fiero600 wrote
at 3:48 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
more months pls
dasfury wrote
at 3:58 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
Can't you people notice that monte wrote this on December 3, 2007?
montecarlo wrote
at 3:58 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
lol, nice mikey. please realize i posted this originally back last december, and that the recap of august was only the briefest of brief recaps that rnd gave me, and i threw in the 1) 2) 3) just for sarcastic funniness between friends. i remember chuckling as i typed in 'average strategist', thinking hahahaha FORUM PWN!!!

anyways, great recap story. i missed some good months during that break i took from kdice.
Mikeypoo wrote
at 5:17 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
Thanks for bumping and old thread and making me look like a dipwead Monte...*blushes*
integral wrote
at 11:10 PM, Friday July 25, 2008 EDT
leekstep didn't make the video.

yourfaceisjon made it I believe.

TiS wrote
at 5:49 AM, Saturday July 26, 2008 EDT
link please.
Ph- wrote
at 6:44 AM, Saturday July 26, 2008 EDT
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary