Forum

New Display of your roll outcome
chris_in_kc wrote
at 1:07 AM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
Ryan - since many folks (especially myself) like to get on here and bitch about things they dislike about the game - I wanted to tell you that I really like the new display system of the roll outcome. I think it really streamlines the play - and will give people a better feel for how the rolls are calculated.

Good Job!

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
PowerSlug wrote
at 1:35 AM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
I also like the new display.

One suggestion,in listing the individual outcomes of each dice, perhaps it would be good to group all the same numbers with one another and in ascending order.

e.g. in a 8v8 24 to 9 (1,1,2,2,3,3,6,6 to ect...)

I think this makes it slightly more readable.
redrock wrote
at 10:16 AM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
that would be bad -- the thing about the current display is that it highlights the randomness of the dice rolls -- something that people like to gripe about here..making it in ascending ordre would make people see more patterns that don't exist.
PowerSlug wrote
at 11:57 AM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
redrock, the improvement to readability for everyone outweighs the chance that someone may feel cheated on a roll.

If the dice are ordered, you would be able to tell at a glance how spread out or how close the distribution was.

Vezquex wrote
at 4:32 PM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
It is cluttered. I prefer only useful information. Please give me an option to toggle this "feature" off.
XicaDaSilva wrote
at 4:50 PM, Sunday March 4, 2007 EST
+1
not that useful, I trust the dice are random
sorting the values it's really useless

leave at is, not an important issue
billisdog wrote
at 1:27 AM, Monday March 5, 2007 EST
i am also very, very fond of the new display. it's so much direct to say "8v7" or whatever, than to show the total potential 48/42. Just a lot closer to the users mental model of whats going on! Plus, I'm too lazy to do basic division!

kudos to ryan!
chris_in_kc wrote
at 3:48 AM, Tuesday March 6, 2007 EST
glad a couple people agree.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary