Forum

Luck factor discussion - Ryan please look in
WorldOwner wrote
at 6:01 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
I was playing Your incredible game for a long time and I enjoy it very very. I would like it to be little more strategy becouse luck factor sometimes grows up strategy one. So I have small advice how to improve it a little in mechanics. Its imposibble to change anything in attack phase - its esence of game and its nice to have a luck factor there. My tip is for deploymant phase when you get new dices. The idea is to make a "province in favor"(or call it as You like). In each round after attack player can chose one province which will have incresed propability of getting dices on. Thats the idea to move a little step thorwards more strategy playing. I would be honest to hear what do You think abaut this idea. I would like also to know what other player think so post Your comments here also please.
PS Sorry for my english ;)
PSS Ryan Rules!!!!! You are my guru man :)

Replies 1 - 10 of 24 Next › Last »
________________ wrote
at 6:06 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
dear WorldOwner... You´re not the first one with such an idea. But please thin about it... It would took more time to choose your province. Also today you have to wait and wait sometimes in the early phase till your turn. You want to extend this waiting??

And: It´s not risk... We want to have this luck-factor in this game...
WorldOwner wrote
at 6:33 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
hmmmm yes it would took little more time but not so much - its just like half of normal time of move for each player( no rolling dices just mark one province) I think it would make each whole round like 15-25 sec longer.
And ok I know that a lot of people choose to play it becouse of luck. I don't intend to move it out its just decrese it by few percent.
The change like this won't make "risk" from it.

PS Thanks for comment ;)
________________ wrote
at 7:43 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
Still another point...

The dice-reinforcement is not all about luck. There are rules... so normaly you don´t get a 4-stack or better, if there wasn´t one before and around you aren´t any other higher stacks...

If you checked the rules you´re also able to control the reinforcement in most cases. To avoid losing dices to useless isles, not connected to your main territory, reduce them to one dice by attacking your neighbour - f.e.

Your idea would endanger the whole system and game-balance: Why is there suddenly a big stack? I can´t defend! Wow! It wasn´t there before... WTF??

With some experience you may handle the whole system - by controll your own reinforcements and appreciate the reinforcements of your neighbours.

This is also the difference between a skilled player and a newbie...
________________ wrote
at 7:49 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
So - with the last point your "more strategie" may also mean "less strategie"... Of course it´s easier...

And by the way - yes. of course. Thank you as well for this thread. For things like this the forum is implemented, I think...
WorldOwner wrote
at 8:37 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
Ok I get Your point.

Think You are right.

But there is always possibility to set up one table and test new stuff how it works. Only, I'm worried that Ryan don't have time for things like this.
the brain wrote
at 9:14 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
"There are rules..."
Uh, where do you get this from? Afaik it is completely random, and I have not seen anything to proof the opposite.

________________ wrote
at 9:20 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
The brain - you didn´t checked it?? Hmm... watch the reinforcements. Perhaps you will find them!

I gave some small hints. Try them!
no_Wolf wrote
at 9:29 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
No, seriously, it's random. It's subject to certain laws of probability, obviously, but there's no rule put in place for dice distribution.
WorldOwner wrote
at 9:41 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
I think that the point of Incognito was that you can manage a little setting the number of dices in stacks in critical points just by not moving tham and waiting till dices will come. I assume that its completly random where they appear.
Wicked! wrote
at 10:03 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
WorldOwner, your idea would give the advantage heavily to the first few people who take their turn, because afterward, the others would not be able to expand at all in fear of the larger stacks.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary