Forum

Hidden Tables
Maelwys wrote
at 1:19 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
There is some definate wierdness here. I sat down at a 1600 table, and waited for others to join.

Waited, and waited some more. Checked the tables in que by hitting the change table button.

My table didn't exist on the selectable tables.

Not in the 2-3 that are showing up as now joining (black text) or as in progress (greyed text)

It definately seems like there are more tables than the que and in play lists will allow, and other tables are rotated in and out occasionally, which would be great... if it didn't exclude tables with a presence from being selectable.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
Stunn3dFazer wrote
at 12:37 PM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
^What he said^

I've been dumped into 'hidden' rooms while reloading my browser at times.

And i've had rooms i'm sitting in dissappear
OldElvis wrote
at 3:09 PM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
I have submitted twice a forum subject about disappearing tables. and saw no response. Specifically SFIGONE table which seems to come and go
Odlanor wrote
at 7:21 PM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
Did you guys scroll down on the tables menu? I've noticed that sometimes open games are in the bottom or middle of the list, so you wouldnt see it if you only looked at the top of the tables list.
gohstlee wrote
at 12:28 AM, Saturday March 3, 2007 EST
I've seen this too. A table that I was sitting at, waiting for it to fill up, disappears from the list.

I think the reason is that there can only be a couple of tables of any particular rank waiting to fill up (maybe 3 or 4 unranked tables). There are certainly more tables available, but I think Ryan just hides the other ones (so as to not have a long list of inactive tables at the top of the list). How it gets decided which 2 (or so) tables show as available isn't too clear.... usually ones that have people waiting tend to stick around, but there may be a timing issue where your table gets bumped to the "inactive" list as you are signing back in.

Anyway, as tables become available after a game ends, not all of them are guaranteed to show up in the Tables list, that's for sure. As another hidden (supposedly empty) table is needed, say when more players sign on, it pops into view.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary